Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-07-2011, 12:20 AM
VideoKarma Member

Admiral 20z1

I pulled the speaker from my console to get things cleaned up and have come up with a problem that I hope someone has and answer for me. The speaker has a pretty brittle cone that will probably have to be fixed or replaced in the future. Mounted on the speaker are an Inductor from the power supply and an output transformer for the speaker itself. I thought it a bit odd to mount the choke on the speaker with a cable leading back to the chassis but I guess that is the way things were done. I measured the inductor with my meter and I have continuity with the ohms listed on the schematic. The problem is with the audio output transformer. It measures open with infinite ohms. I need a replacement or a good substitute. The schematic lists it as a Stancor A-3849 or Merit A-2930. I can not find this particular transformer for sale. The primary is listed as 4000 ohms impedance with a 3.2 ohm secondary. Since the speaker will probably need to be re-coned or replaced , I was thinking about using a more modern 4 ohm unit. Does anybody have a suggestion for a replacement transformer ?