Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-17-2013, 07:48 AM
Nipper Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkand View Post
When you say it was an RCA service tube, does that mean HiLite (All New) or Colorama (Rebuilt)?
OR, did RCA quit using those old designations by 1981?

Also what's the stereo and turntable like? Do they work? I know you've been focused (no pun intended ) on the TV portion of your set.

Really, really NICE!
I think, if im not mistaken, these CRTs were from other places with an RCA label slapped on them, its not a bad tube, but doesn't look as good as a Sylvania re-85, which,i think, look the best. As for the stereo, I put new caps in, looked promising at one point, had some sound,now back to low output on both channels. Some germanium transistors in there so it will be a bit of a project. Problem is I order parts as I need them so when something else goes wrong I am stuck til the new parts arrive.
Old 09-25-2013, 06:18 PM
Nipper Rules

Update on this French Provincial

Hi all, took alittle sabbatical from VK, just wanted to update this set I picked up a couple of months ago. The pictures I took today don't really do it justice, it came out real nice, replaced a vdr in the vertical, acouple power supply caps and after I re-installed it the horizontal centering pot started smoking, put a new one in, thanks Dave, and also replaced the on/off pot, alittle tricky on a combo because of a speaker switch. The end result was this. The stereo seems to have gotten alot of use in its lifetime, I replaced all of the electrolytics in it except for two 10mfd coupling caps that ended up being the problem, some kind of Murphys law, now I am going to build a den/library in my basement so I can justify another TV in the house. Cheers, thanks to the guys that were helpful and encouraging here, Bruce
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P9250427.jpg (51.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg P9250431.jpg (61.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: jpg P9250432.jpg (94.9 KB, 44 views)
Old 09-25-2013, 07:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

looking good
Old 09-25-2013, 08:22 PM
VideoKarma Member

Really happy for your find! Pics look great, and the amp looks rather simple, and easy to work on, but with decent power output.
All the best with it!!
Kevin