Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2012, 05:17 AM
Frenchy

Wtd: scan of Heathkit Vectorscope usage (manual)

I picked up a cheap Vectorscope IO-101 to play around with for my color roundie TVs, but I have no idea how to use the scope part of it. That part does seem to be working, at least I get a green dot and can move it around on the screen. The color bar part started out working, but went kaput about 10 minutes later, can't tune in any useable lines, dots or bars even if I try dialing in the tuner in it with the tuning capacitor #108. Really weird, started out great, now no matter what I try it's a mis-tuned-looking mess on the screen.

But I really only bought it for the scoping functions anyway. Can anybody send me a scan of the how-to-use section, just the areas having to do with the scope? Or if not, just post for me the basics on how to hook this thing up to a tube-type color TV and maybe I can work my way thru it using my old TV repair books. They have some sections on doing vectorgrams. Thanks!