Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-03-2021, 11:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

What the he!! Is that?

Every now and then, I take a peek at ETF's site to see what they have on their classified list of CRTs for curiosity's sake, I just find it interesting, but for some time now, there has been 2 on the color list that I can't seem to work out WHAT the hell they are... I mean, if a google search comes up with no hits, the must be REALLLY oddball tubes or something, so rather than bug Steve with an e-mail for mere curiosity, I thought I would ask here to see in anyone could work out what they were.

They are listed as.

21CGP22 used
21VGB22 used

it's a mystery!
Old 06-04-2021, 10:55 AM
M is for Memory

If my CRT tester wasn't in my truck for the ETF meet I'd look up the number in the setup chart and see which socket it's supposed to use...That will tell a lot about the era it was made.

There were oddball sizes like the 22JP22 miniconsoles. The 21V CRT could possibly be the post 1968 renumbering of the 22J.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 06-04-2021, 11:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
If my CRT tester wasn't in my truck for the ETF meet I'd look up the number in the setup chart and see which socket it's supposed to use...That will tell a lot about the era it was made.

There were oddball sizes like the 22JP22 miniconsoles. The 21V CRT could possibly be the post 1968 renumbering of the 22J.
I really envy you all who are able to go up to the ETF for visits/ meetings/ auctions, whatnot, but it's highly unlikely that I will ever be able to go in person, as it's about 1,265 miles away from me.

Not your average day trip range, even the Texas Museum of Broadcasting & Communications is about 260 miles away from me, T_T, which is doable, but also a long trip , not to be taken lightly.
Old 06-04-2021, 02:51 PM
M is for Memory

It's over 400 miles for me, round trip usually hits 1K miles. It's a fun drive ignoring Chicago.

My family used to do regular road trips from Lakeland Florida to Milwaukee when we were trying to sell our house down there. Not doing trips in a back ruining Honda seats anymore much less 3 straight days makes this trip fun and relaxing.... I'd probably still go even if I were 1000 miles away.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4

Last edited by Electronic M; 06-04-2021 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:28 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
It's over 400 miles for me, round trip usually hits 1K miles. It's a fun drive ignoring Chicago.

My family used to do regular road trips from Lakeland Florida to Milwaukee when we were trying to sell our house down there. Not doing trips in a back ruining Honda seats anymore much less 3 straight days makes this trip fun and relaxing.... I'd probably still go even if I were 1000 miles away.
well, since I'd be the only one driving NOT gonna happen EVER.

sleep deprivation + road hypnosis + seizure disorder= very VERY bad.
Audiokarma