Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-21-2007, 10:11 PM
AK Member

Zenith 25MC32 problem

Hello Everyone! I put my Zenith 25CC50 with flickering vertical off to the side, to tackle another set. I am working on a Zenith 25MC32 round screen color set I bought at a yard sale in 1993 for $5. I just now fired it up, and the problem is, there is no vertical, just a horizontal line. BUT, I unplugged the convergence assembly and the veritcal came back!! I plugged it back in, and it went away again, unplugged it, it came back you know the rest. this makes absolutely no sense, unless there is a short somewhere. But where? Does anyone have any ideas? ALSO, there is a small flat metal door on the bottom of set that is used to hide some knobs. Anyone know where I can find this part, or can spare another one? I think the set is is of a 1964-65 vintage. Thanks!
Old 06-21-2007, 10:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Check for a short from one of the convergence windings to the primary plate winding. This seems to be a weak spot on early Zenith color. Good luck
Steve
Old 06-22-2007, 12:49 AM
AK Member

Aghhhh! It seems you are right. Just out of curiosity, after my test, I snipped one of the wires that went from one of the vertical windings to the convergence assembly, and my picture came back! So I guess this means I have to replace the vertical output transformer. Although I did manage to compensate by adjusting the vertical convergence from the good vertical windings. Now I gotta put a post in for a vertical xfrmr, LOL!! Thanks again.