Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.
Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 06:28 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCFitz View Post
I didn't mean to get you gys riled up at each other over a tv neither of you want and both are probably too far away to save.

There's no arguement being had, only a disagreement. Is the community so touchy-feely that we aren't even OK with disagreeing with each other?

I hope the set gets saved just as much as anyone, and I also hope the CRT, yoke and flyback are good!
Old 03-27-2011, 06:48 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I hope the set gets saved just as much as anyone, and I also hope the CRT, yoke and flyback are good! [/QUOTE]

RIGHT THERE is the MAIN thing ! SOMEBODY needs to save it, one way or another...The supply of Roundies IS finite, the newest ones are 40+ yrs old, we need to try & save as many as we can, so hopefully future generations can enjoy 'em for the technological marvels they are...Imagine having a WORKING Roundie in 2100 or 2150...Due to the efforts of a bunch of "Mad Monks" way back in 2011..
Old 03-27-2011, 10:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

I decided not to read most of the stuff in this thread! All I can say is, if the crt is good, this is a bargain as a parts set. It may someday reach the point when $100 is the going price for a good CTC-16 flyback.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

yep thats my point, if you cant test the CRT then 40$ even if its bad and the fly is bad you can still hopefully get some other parts. If the CRT test weak then it maybe gassy and iffy. If the CRT test strong then its a good deal for it alone. Looking at the fly will help to determine if it looks in good shape or toast. So if you cant test the CRT and the Fly looks like toast or you are not permitted to even look, I would stick to around 40$. You can go up based on the results of testing or observation or both.

kinda funny 3 pages on a tv no one has even looked at kinda supports the rabbid theory....
Old 03-27-2011, 11:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

I wish it was close to me. I would be all over it. If nothing else to see if the CRT was good, since I will need one for my CTC-12.
Audiokarma
Old 03-28-2011, 04:16 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
There's no arguement being had, only a disagreement. Is the community so touchy-feely that we aren't even OK with disagreeing with each other?

I hope the set gets saved just as much as anyone, and I also hope the CRT, yoke and flyback are good!
i guess i am jus a dingbat. i feel like i am in church being scolded for saying the wrong word and risking being sent to he--
i jus did not want to be misunderstood but if someone says my words somthin other than what they mean seems right to correct
i am not a "right fighter" my best TV friend Dr. Phil taught me no to do that
i sincerely apologize to all for being an idiot of sorts. i never intend disrespect and surely do not want to irratate or hurt feelins ever. now i am gonna cry with morris alberts "feelings" yes i really do think that is a beautiful song but the cry part was in jest

Last edited by JB5pro; 03-28-2011 at 04:19 AM.
Old 03-28-2011, 10:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

I live in Philadelphia, so this will be easy for me to go see.

Seller has been contacted.

While you guys fight and argue, I'm gonna go check it out, and prolly buy it.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:30 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TV Engineer View Post

Good for you! Keep us posted.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:

Thank you.I was hoping someone in Philly would save it.That's why I posted it. Not to start an argument.I kinda wanted it like I said but I live 4 hours away and have no room.it should be saved at least for parts if its got serious issues or you don't have room to keep it.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:24 PM
VideoKarma Member

Question

Quote:

Any news on this set?
Did you get it? It's down to $50 now.

Last edited by JCFitz; 03-30-2011 at 12:31 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 03-30-2011, 02:19 PM
sampson159

i have a perfect chassis and very good crt for this.i wish it were closer.i like this cabinet!
Old 03-30-2011, 06:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

if it was within driving distance of me it would have been gone by about the second post on this thread...
Old 03-31-2011, 10:28 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
if it was within driving distance of me it would have been gone by about the second post on this thread...
What's reasonable driving distance for you? This is 4 hours from me 1 way and with only 1 day a week off work (I need 8 hours or more sleep to function) it would have to be on Sunday and with no rain in the forecast (open bed pickup).
Old 03-31-2011, 11:54 AM
VideoKarma Member

that is a bit much for me with out knowing the CRT, last one I got was 2.5 hrs each way, but I could see the CRT working (it did however quickly die).

Turned out to have a pretty rusty chassis, but other than that it worked.

Guess it all depends on how bad you want one. I was expecting TV engineer to get it since he said he was close.

If I was going to drive 4 hrs each way, I make darn sure the seller will be there and will have it. I would even go so far as to pay him a non refundable deposit, that way he knows you are for real, and would be willing to pass on another buyer if someone shows up before you. Just pay pal him 25$ and say if I am not there by an agreed upon time then he keeps the money and sells to next buyer.

I have heard people complain that a seller sold it after they had called and asked him to hold it for them. But from seller point of view, I am sure there are a lot of phone calls that never turn into action, and if they hold it waiting for someone that had called, and pass on a warm body with cash in hand, they can get screwed. By pay pal a deposit every one is safe, unless of course the seller is just a scammer, so the deposit has to be looked at with a bit of a gamble by the buyer.

Last edited by DaveWM; 03-31-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

I was expecting him to get it too but I found it still there with the price reduced and was wondering if he had checked it out or not.I am thinking about contacting the seller myself if he doesn't save it. Just dreading the trip and if it ever stops raining here in the northeast I really need to do the first mow of the season.The grass is getting really tall in spots.

Why can't nice roundie color tvs show up closer? Some people are surrounded by them. It really depends where you live when people are calling these sets common.Big City=Good. rural area= not so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveWM View Post
I was expecting TV engineer to get it since he said he was close.

If I was going to drive 4 hrs each way, I make darn sure the seller will be there and will have it. I would even go so far as to pay him a non refundable deposit, that way he knows you are for real, and would be willing to pass on another buyer if someone shows up before you. Just pay pal him 25$ and say if I am not there by an agreed upon time then he keeps the money and sells to next buyer.

I have heard people complain that a seller sold it after they had called and asked him to hold it for them. But from seller point of view, I am sure there are a lot of phone calls that never turn into action, and if they hold it waiting for someone that had called, and pass on a warm body with cash in hand, they can get screwed. By pay pal a deposit every one is safe, unless of course the seller is just a scammer, so the deposit has to be looked at with a bit of a gamble by the buyer.
Audiokarma
Closed Thread