Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-19-2015, 07:14 AM
VideoKarma Member

Lightbulb 1962 RCA radio reborn!

The photo below taken the 28th of August is of my striking 1962 RCA Victor tube clock radio who I named Gru (after Despicable Me) just after he underwent a successful filter capacitor replacement "operation" at my local electronics store! The best part of my entire experience was getting to watch the entire operation before my eyes! It was a landmark experience for me as I aspire to one day repair electronics like a pro. It's unfortunate that many people my age have never heard the sweet sound of a tube radio. I bought Gru back in 2011 and before last month I had never realized how beautiful he could sang. Now that Gru has been reborn I hope to move on to repairing my other tube radios that have faulty filter capacitors. Someday I hope to hear them all sing in harmony.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4648.jpg (111.9 KB, 33 views)
Old 09-19-2015, 10:04 AM
M is for Memory

Soldering is easy. I did my first lytic recap at age 10 with no help aside from the person who gave me the replacements instructing me about polarity. Years prior to that I also did soldering to convert a remote-less RC car to wired remote. You ought to be able to pick up lytic changing in 15 minutes or less.

I can teach a monkey to do cap replacement....Just get the same voltage or higher, and get a capacitance within 30% for lytics, 20% for others in radio, dead on for most TV applications.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4