Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-26-2016, 08:07 PM
VideoKarma Member

Need help identifying this TV model. Please help.

I am looking for help trying to track down model numbers or any info that might help me obtain the model numbers of the television seen below.

It is from the 1980's (probably latter part of the 80's). It might be a Zenith but I'm not sure? It had a glass front which I think was removable.

I know it is not worth anything but it belonged to my late brother during our childhood and I'd like to track them down for nostalgia's sake.

Anything you can help with or even a new direction you can send me to help find this info out is more than greatly appreciated. Thank you sincerely.

Old 04-26-2016, 10:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnstone View Post
I am looking for help trying to track down model numbers or any info that might help me obtain the model numbers of the television seen below.

It is from the 1980's (probably latter part of the 80's). It might be a Zenith but I'm not sure? It had a glass front which I think was removable.

I know it is not worth anything but it belonged to my late brother during our childhood and I'd like to track them down for nostalgia's sake.

Anything you can help with or even a new direction you can send me to help find this info out is more than greatly appreciated. Thank you sincerely.

I've seen one like this before. It's at this rummage store that has a pile of old CRT sets...

1997 RCA Colortrak 27" Console
1987 Zenith 19" V3912W
Old 04-27-2016, 01:30 AM
VideoKarma Member

While I appreciate the tip and I am interested in tracking one down, I have no ability to attend that particular rummage sale. I was just hoping to eventually find one in good working condition on ebay but I need a starting point.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

It did have a sun screen, you can see one of the holder clips
with arrow on it.

It has 12 push buttons that are probably pre-set channels. If it
were random access there would be 10 ( 0-9 ).
That dates it to late 70'- early 80's

Looks like a hard on/off button so probably NOT remote.

Also looks like its an AOC logo, that was an active brand then.
It is not a major brand.
Fisher is one more posability.
put in daily searches for AOC & Fisher TV. There probably wont be many hits.
Old 04-27-2016, 03:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
While I appreciate the tip and I am interested in tracking one down, I have no ability to attend that particular rummage sale. I was just hoping to eventually find one in good working condition on ebay but I need a starting point.

Look at my previous post and try to zoom in on the small "cube" set between the two dial tuned sets. If you live in the southeast, and want it. Let me know.

1987 Zenith 19" V3912W
Audiokarma
Old 04-27-2016, 11:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

There was a big box electronics store in the early 90's selling a very similar TV. Still had a varactor tuner, no remote. It was a doorbuster and not a brand name. I only remember it because of the tuner.

I want to say it was a MTC. This isn't the TV but very similar -

Last edited by dishdude; 04-27-2016 at 11:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2016, 02:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

I do live in the Southeast region as I'm in Florida. I'm not sure if that TV sandwiched between those 2 dial sets is it though. I'd have to know for sure.

The MTC TV shown above is interesting as it shares similar traits but it's not an exact match. If I could just find out at least what brand it is definitively, it would help in my search. Thanks for all the help. I appreciate any input I can get.
Old 04-28-2016, 08:45 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
I do live in the Southeast region as I'm in Florida. I'm not sure if that TV sandwiched between those 2 dial sets is it though. I'd have to know for sure.

The MTC TV shown above is interesting as it shares similar traits but it's not an exact match. If I could just find out at least what brand it is definitively, it would help in my search. Thanks for all the help. I appreciate any input I can get.

I am actually loaning one of my CRT BPC sets out and might buy that little cube TV to use until I get the BPC back...

1987 Zenith 19" V3912W
Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 AM
VideoKarma Member

The MTC is a dead ringer styling wise & the logo is
just like AOC.
Old 04-28-2016, 10:23 AM
VideoKarma Member

One more thing,

How much does the jack panel have on it. The one I have seen had twin lead, coax, and I believe multiple RCA inputs. It was almost like it was intended to be an industrial unit. A monitor or something...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1987 Zenith 19" V3912W
Audiokarma
Old 05-07-2016, 10:33 AM
VideoKarma Member

I went back to look at it today. It was a Sanyo with the plastic lens in front of the screen. It appeared to have the variactor tuner and strangely enough an RGB input. Apparently it was a dual purpose tv-computer monitor. The jack panel also had 300 ohm UH F and VHF screw posts, 75 ohm cable input, and mono component inputs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1987 Zenith 19" V3912W
Old 05-09-2016, 03:34 PM
VideoKarma Member

is there any way for you to take an up close picture of it? It didn't look like the same model in the original one above that you posted. I didn't think it looked like a Sanyo. It looks more like a MTC but I could be wrong. That would be amazing if it were indeed the same one.
Old 05-09-2016, 03:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

Need help identifying this TV model. Please help.

Quote:
is there any way for you to take an up close picture of it? It didn't look like the same model in the original one above that you posted. I didn't think it looked like a Sanyo. It looks more like a MTC but I could be wrong. That would be amazing if it were indeed the same one.

I will the next time I go by. I was super tempted to get it, but my wife had already spent the flea market cash for the weekend on baby clothes. :/ and I told you wrong - the Sanyo is located on the second shelf underneath the dial tuned sets. The other "cube" set is a quasar. I realized that when I went back last weekend. I'll try to go back by there in a couple of weeks - I won't be in town next Saturday.

1987 Zenith 19" V3912W
Old 07-14-2016, 07:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am still looking for this TV or at least a model number to aid in my search.
Old 07-15-2016, 09:55 AM
VideoKarma Member

Capehart ?
Audiokarma