Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-29-2014, 06:47 AM
VideoKarma Member

Bravo F-K,

To me this guy might also ask a question in an auto repair forum like " my car is broken, can you tell me what's wrong with it and how to troubleshoot it?"

Too bad many have wasted time responding to his CRT question in the first place; maybe it deserved just one; an emote-con; like crickets with audio? (LOL).

Tom (PK)
Old 08-29-2014, 07:17 AM
VideoKarma Member

...I'm not taking sides..however, all I know is that Findm-Keepm helped me with service tips on a G.E. color set once that had a half-darkened raster & I was very happy to get the help...the amount of firsthand knowledge available on this board is fantastic.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
I guess I don't get it either - you come here, ask for help, and then trash those that want TO HELP YOU. 7 years on AK/VK, and it's the first time I've ever been insulted by anyone. As you can see, I do have many resources, but I'll surely be slow in helping in the future. I guess the two others that were helped get it...

Do you want help? If so, ask, but ask with information so that we (yes, we) can help you. Hundreds of years of experience, hundreds of talented people, but if you insult others, refuse to answer probing questions, well, you'll find yourself on the ignore list - and thanks to the two VK'ers who let me know of the feature - I guess you are already on their ignore lists..
100% agreed
Old 09-01-2014, 12:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

A bit of a "peace-making" attempt here..

I THINK this is the "GR618S " set he spoke of, using a CTC -120A chassis . I am pretty sure it uses the 25 inch tube that has the removable focus connector that plugs into the tube. But not sure of the tube #

But I WILL say this....I know of a few RCA sets in my local thrift store, of this type, selling often for LESS than a dollar--that would very likely have the right tube. Surely--some of them have a good tube in them ....