Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-15-2016, 02:19 PM
M is for Memory

There is a laundry list of things I should get to. Rear defroster metal tab broke (I'm going to try soldering it), pulley squeak in the engine, passenger inside manual lock switch broken (power still works on it though) the RPM, half the radio and passenger high beam bulbs are bad, I should try to fix the undercarriage spare mounts so I can get the spare out of the back, sounds like there is an air leak on the body or door seals up around 60-80MPH, needs a full in and out clean.

I'm going to try and pass state emissions on my way home from work tonight (the check engine light has stayed off since changing the sensor so fingers are crossed).

The oil is looking a bit old...The change oil light is always the last to go out after starting so I wonder if that is it's indication to change oil soon? I may just change it later this week before the cold front hits.

I need to look up whether the valves are interference type on this engine and the replacement interval on the timing chain...If it is reaching change time and I can't confirm it's been done already then I may just launch a preemptive strike (I'll take it to a dealer service center) on it in a month or so (when I again have enough discretionary funds)....It would royally suck for the chain to break and the valves to get bent.

One thing that is odd is that the electronics occasionally mildly interfere with upper AM stations....Certain faint tones are heard when applying turn signals or breaking.

Come spring I may look for another red one in a wrecking yard and see if I can get a better (less rust and bondo) tail gate...It ain't horrible, but I know I can find a noticeably better one.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 11-15-2016, 03:44 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
I'm going to try and pass state emissions on my way home from work tonight (the check engine light has stayed off since changing the sensor so fingers are crossed).
I never knew until reading your post and then Googling that there were any state emission requirements in Wisconsin.

And I've been living here for the last 60+ years...

Glad I don't live in the polluted SE counties like you do.

Congrats on the new car. Now rent a trailer and bring a few thou$and$ up here and help empty my storage bins!

Old 11-15-2016, 04:58 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
I never knew until reading your post and then Googling that there were any state emission requirements in Wisconsin.

And I've been living here for the last 60+ years...

Glad I don't live in the polluted SE counties like you do.

Congrats on the new car. Now rent a trailer and bring a few thou$and$ up here and help empty my storage bins!

Pollution really ain't noticeable here (unless you try to swim in lake Pewaukee ). If I was just a bit further in the boonies I would not have to worry about emissions, and heck this is the first car I've owned that even is subject to emissions testing so I'm learning about it too.

It will be a bit before I can afford to spend more than a C-note. That car left just enough cash in my account to cover license, operating/food costs and a TINY bit of hobby cash....I'm essentially having to delay rent (read my parent's annoyance fee ) till a paycheck or two in the future after I pay insurance.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4