Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-26-2015, 10:02 PM
M is for Memory

Here in SE Wi. The TV ban only applies to decent sized CRT TVs.....So the policy is NOT ALL TVs NATIONWIDE. LCDs and small portables (as well as Karaoke machines with CRT monitors) show up for sale at Goodwills regularly.....Hell I've even seen a pair of 19" BPC color sets somehow make it to one store's sales floor this summer (I can only guess how they slipped in).

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Here in SE Wi. The TV ban only applies to decent sized CRT TVs.....So the policy is NOT ALL TVs NATIONWIDE. LCDs and small portables (as well as Karaoke machines with CRT monitors) show up for sale at Goodwills regularly.....Hell I've even seen a pair of 19" BPC color sets somehow make it to one store's sales floor this summer (I can only guess how they slipped in).
Well that's not what I had heard, I had heard that Goodwill wasn't taking TVs of anykind period, and that it was a nationwide rule, at least that's what a goodwill employee told me once.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:01 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post
Well that's not what I had heard, I had heard that Goodwill wasn't taking TVs of anykind period, and that it was a nationwide rule, at least that's what a goodwill employee told me once.
Then they were misinformed.....Or this region's management is not following that rule exactly.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 10-26-2015, 11:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Then they were misinformed.....Or this region's management is not following that rule exactly.
my guess is its the latter because i haven't seen a single television set CRT or LCD in any of the goodwill stores near me in over 6 months, the last time I saw a TV set in a goodwill near me was in early April, and that was just shortly before Goodwill decided to stop taking TVs, I also tried to take an old Magnavox TV into them recently (it was a mid 1980s 13" color set with electronic tuning and no AV inputs) and they refused it so I ended up taking it to the Salvation Army because they still take TVs yet surprisingly enough. Amd when I tried taking that Magnavox TV in to them was when I heard from the goodwill employee who told me that they had a nation-wide company policy that banned the donation of TVs of any type or size because of safety regulations and because people were dumping too many junk sets on them (like LCD TVs with broken screens or CRT TVs that were knobbed or that were broken or that were too heavy for their employees to carry without risking dropping them on their foot and breaking their foot or throwing out their backs, or TV screens getting busted in donation bins and having to pay to have the hazardous waste cleaned up in their boxes, etc.)
So yeah, i'm thinking more than likely its just that the stores in your region (and apparently in others as well) aren't obeying corporate rules.