Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-19-2015, 09:52 AM
VideoKarma Member

I like to document history of items I have if I am able. I wanted a TV shop sign and looked for a year before I found one. I picked it up and it was a RCA lighted sign from the late 40s to early 50s. It had a name on it and I tried to find info on the shop. I finally found a reference to a shop with the same last name and sent an email to a couple of people mentioned. It was not the same shop. One of the ladies whose dad worked at the one I contacted about got interested about the history as well. She found a ebay ad of a calendar from a shop that could have been the one I was looking for. I was able to contact the local historical society in Mass. where the shop was.The lady lived in that part of he country and tracked down the sons of the shop owner. They remembered the sign so now I have the history of it. I printed all this info and put it with the sign.

Another time the person I buy knobs from found a display banner for a halolight TV. I printed the info she sent me on it and put it with the sign. I built a new workshop onto my house but I turned my other workshop into something like a TV shop museum . I am setting it up with old items from TV shops before the mid 60s. I have all kinds of signs parts and other items set up out there like a shop would look like in the late 50s. My elmers have all passed away and this is in a way my tribute to them for helping me years ago. So when I go to meets I usually get all kinds of NOS stuff most people pass by and display there. Most of the stuff is worthless but it gives you a feel of a 50s TV shop.