Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:58 PM
glowing cosmic energy

Hi few months ago i got a Telefunken Allegro and Telefunken Magnettophon(reel to reel) recorder.Allegro needs new filter caps and dail glass is broken.Not tryed reel to reel yet. Having never owned a German radio from what is see looks like it be a handful to recap it.Sprman
Old 12-05-2008, 12:22 PM
AK Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprman55 View Post
Hi few months ago i got a Telefunken Allegro and Telefunken Magnettophon(reel to reel) recorder.Allegro needs new filter caps and dail glass is broken.Not tryed reel to reel yet. Having never owned a German radio from what is see looks like it be a handful to recap it.Sprman
if you find in your country no dial glass for the allegro just contact us maybe we have it in stock.
bye
Old 12-07-2008, 02:41 PM
AK Member

Picked up this Saba Bodensee WIII a while back and just had some work done to make it usable. Would like to have done a full recap on it but at least now I can enjoy some limited use. The output tube is an EL12. The sound is very warm with very strong bass due to is huge (for a table set) woofer. I love the looks of all the lights from the tuning eye to the dial glass and the keys. Now I have to find a home for the Braun TS1 I have to make room for the new toy

Old 12-07-2008, 02:52 PM
AK Member

Nice Saba- The Magic eye tube is a new one ?. Dont know what u have used but maybe its the russian repro. they are very good, they shine better as the original tubes.
Old 12-07-2008, 03:15 PM
AK Member

The magic eye is an old Lorenz EM71 that I obtained from one of the us tube dealers.
Audiokarma
Old 12-28-2008, 05:44 PM
I love old stuff

The German radios where master pieces... untill they tried printed boards and minituarization of the tubes (like that stupid ECLL 800).