Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-15-2016, 10:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Predicta Holiday - First power up attempt

HI All,

Well, the XYL and I tried powering up the Predicta Holiday last night. Ramped the power up slow and got the tubes to glow. No sound or raster. Everything smelled and looked fine. Could hear a slight noise from the flyback and up at the CRT, a regular beat. Looking at the troubleshooting chart it says power supply is the most likely culprit. So I pulled the HV can off and measured the flyback for resistance. With the can off I can see a drip underneath the flyback.

5-D, 11.6 Ohm out of expected 12.
4-3, 10 Ohms out of expected 13
3-B, 8.6 out of expected 11
L17, spot on, 1.7 ohms

Although it says on the schematic not measure between 5 and the HV output, it gives an expected measurement of 385 ohms. I figured that the do not measure was for older VTVM's, so I checked it anyway, 366 ohms. So the top coil seems good, lower coil a little low in resistance. Shorted turns? When we pulled the HV rectifier tube, it was completely cool to the touch. With the really low filament voltage I am not sure how warm it should be.

So, any suggestions where to start?

Jonathan