Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:28 PM
Motorola Minion

25dc57 = 25ec58?

[QUOTE=kx250rider;3027900]I think I've said this before, but here goes again: That chassis is the best TV ever built, and will work forever. I have plenty of parts for those, and even a few complete working spare sets. On the audio issue, I'd first check/clean/tighten the pin sockets on the IF module, and also pull the chassis and resolder EVERY ground lug (at both ends, and in some cases in the center) of each terminal strip on that chassis. By doing that, you will pre-repair about 99.999% of all known issues.

A 25DC57 (non-SC with faux slate top cabinet) "traded in" for a Sony at the store in 1985 never made it back to the warehouse...but came home instead, lasting my parents another 15 years! All it needed initially was a critical HV cap (base to emitter on the H output transisitor, a zener diode in the regulator for 24 v and a cathode clean on the CRT to look like new.

Does anybody remember the 9-57-VCR (upgrade H osc module) that had a piggyback 9-90-02 on it. It eliminated the "flag-waving" when playing a VCR.

I have extra chassis and parts as well.
Old 02-23-2012, 11:33 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavGoodlin View Post

Does anybody remember the 9-57-VCR (upgrade H osc module) that had a piggyback 9-90-02 on it. It eliminated the "flag-waving" when playing a VCR.
I have one or two of those... Only needed on VHS, if I recall; and since Zenith only sold Beta VCRs for the first several years, it was very hospitable of them to make that module . Wasn't there also a 9-90-VCR for the upright chassis?

Charles
Old 05-16-2012, 11:56 PM
VideoKarma Member

If you still have the 9-57 board for VCR, I will buy it from you. What was the number that Zenith used for the updated module?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:03 AM
Motorola Minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghjkl67 View Post
If you still have the 9-57 board for VCR, I will buy it from you. What was the number that Zenith used for the updated module?
I will look to see what I have. I saved all the parts from the two 25DC57 sets I parted out. One of them was a remote control
I will PM you if I have the 9-57-VCR (9-90 piggy-back on a 9-57 PCB)