Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-21-2016, 06:52 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill R View Post
I'm lucky. My wife helps me find them. Right now she has two in the back of her SUV. She even claims some of them. They are all over the house and we are going to take one room and make it a display room.
Man, you really scored there!
Old 10-21-2016, 07:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

This is why I've never gotten a console. I want one, but just don't have the room for one.
Old 01-27-2017, 12:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Around 10 years ago when I was young, dumb, and married, my wife made me through out my 25" Zenith console and VR1810 that was my grandmothers. I'm pretty sure that was the beginning of our demise.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:43 AM
Administrator

I sold both my CT-100s about a year before my divorce due to financial issues. I feel your pain, but in the end it was a small price to pay
Old 01-28-2017, 08:12 AM
Vintage TV and Radio Nut

I've got a bunch of roundie aircraft carriers. Not sure how well stacking those would work......

So far I've managed to display my sets around the house without it looking like a "hoarders" episode...
Audiokarma
Old 01-28-2017, 02:19 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank View Post
Around 10 years ago when I was young, dumb, and married, my wife made me through out my 25" Zenith console and VR1810 that was my grandmothers. I'm pretty sure that was the beginning of our demise.
Not dumb bruh, just misinformed. I used to be envious of those who married young, but now realize that hand I was dealt was for the best. I can't imagine ever finding a good match for an oddball like me, but now I don't feel the need anyway! Now the snow is whiter on MY side of the fence.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:50 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUD1
Is that sometimes you can't decide which one to watch!
Yes CRTs are beautiful.... Thier picture is amazing and 1 not to be overlooked for sure!!
Old 01-30-2017, 12:02 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Yes CRTs are beautiful.... Thier picture is amazing and 1 not to be overlooked for sure!!
Yah, it can be pretty awesome for such an old set. I don't have the heart to sideline my Electrohome, even as I get others running properly, so maybe I'll just have multiple units in one room and switch back and forth occasionally. I already have three in the living room, one in quite a few pieces as I rebuild the framework. Fortunately that's almost done.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

The problem with collecting tv's answer is that our human nature will never be satisfied with what we have. Our very nature is to keep building our collection. To that end I started to only collect solid state tv's and only Sony brand set sizes not to extend beyond a 12 inch size. However I have 2 consoles that I could never part with. I consider myself an odd ball as I have never had anything but a picture tube set. I don't like referring to them as CRT as that vernacular was never used back in the day. We called them jugs, picture tubes, very seldomly CRT's. One thing very nice about a tube set is how it heats up a room it's in and makes watching it very cozy with its warmth.
Sony KV-1220U
Old 11-04-2018, 04:40 PM
Banned

Talking I'm not the only one, I see!

Man , and here I was thinking I was crazy bring a 1955 Magnavox 21" B/W
and a 1948 Tele-King into a one-room apartment!..Yes, I'm addicted!...but it keeps me out of trouble..sort of.
Audiokarma
Old 11-04-2018, 06:41 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtvnut View Post
Man , and here I was thinking I was crazy bring a 1955 Magnavox 21" B/W
and a 1948 Tele-King into a one-room apartment!..Yes, I'm addicted!...but it keeps me out of trouble..sort of.
A ways back I was crammed into a small room in an apartment and the garage there...I had my bedroom packed wall to wall. Below was my main color TV wall.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 11-30-2018, 06:37 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Some beautiful units there!!!
Old 12-01-2018, 02:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

The biggest Irony is Irony! I'm 53 and had a dozen and a half of significant others but the collecting of stuff "tv's etc" wasn't the prob. Most were religious differences. Being a agnostic sucks for dating in the south. YMMV.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:55 PM
Analogue is Awesome

Agnostics and athiests are some of the most open minded people I know! (You can talk to them about anything and they dont poke fun,etc)
Old 12-06-2018, 11:50 AM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_fixer View Post
The biggest Irony is Irony! I'm 53 and had a dozen and a half of significant others but the collecting of stuff "tv's etc" wasn't the prob. Most were religious differences. Being a agnostic sucks for dating in the south. YMMV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Agnostics and athiests are some of the most open minded people I know! (You can talk to them about anything and they dont poke fun,etc)
Okay, since no one else is going to say or do anything about this, and that I don't care about being popular, I'm going to speak up.

Just about everyone here knows that discussions about anyone's faith is forbidden here, so it's only fair that I ask that those without any to refrain from mentioning it so casually and/or making it sound like a real hay ride. I may be the only one here who feels this way but nevertheless I think my wishes should be respected. If that's out of the question then I'll just walk away, no big deal. I know my input here is considered to be of little to no value anyway.
Audiokarma