Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-16-2011, 12:33 AM
VK Member

Fernseh KUA series system

HI everyone,
Just new to this forum and wanted to get some advice if possible. I've inherited some vintage television equipment. From the research I've done it seems to be late '50's industrial TV equipment. They are adorned with the Pyrox nameplate. I think that Pyrox was a Melbourne company manufacturing car radios as far back as the early 30's. They may well have been still in business with video by the 1960's
I have two Fernseh cameras model KUV 100/10. They're are fitted with a 1" Vidicon tube

A Fernseh KUA 250 CCU cabinet

A Fernseh ZUA 250 distribution cabinet
A remote control desk for camera switching , beam current etc.

A CRT monitor type 601 from Fernseh as well

Complete Manuals and circuit diagrams pin outs etc dated 1960 – 1961

It all seems in quite good order and has obviously been well stored. Should I sell it, put it away for later or just admire it from a distance.

Pictures are here . http://www.flickr.com/photos/59488843@N07/
What do you think?
Old 02-16-2011, 05:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

G'day. That is a great looking camera chain you have there. Am curious, since you mentioned Melbourne, are you located in Australia? I am a camera collector myself and have my own vintage video site http://www.troysvintagevideo.741.com/ and am doing research on early TV cameras in Australia in which I've made a list of what was used at TV stations http://www.troysvintagevideo.741.com/cameralist.html and we did use Fernseh image orthicon cameras in the 50s and 60s. Was this camera actually used in a TV station as I understand some stations used vidicon cameras as well as image orthicons?

In regards of your question, the preservation of this camera is highly important as it is a great piece of technological history. If you want to sell it, I suggest put give your selling price here and see who's interested, or put it on Ebay at a starting bid of say $100 and see if there's any takers. Otherwise preserve it as best as you can for your own joy or donate it to a technological museum. If you so happen to be in Australia and within the vicinity of Wollongong and Sydney NSW I personally am interested in buying it from you.