Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-31-2015, 03:57 PM
60s Throwback

Or some monster Wharfedales!!
Old 09-03-2015, 09:00 AM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Not really a packaged high end console per se. More like custom installation using separate components here. What also killed high end package console sales post 1962 as well. Custom installation. Higher end often or different than a unified package console.
Old 09-04-2015, 12:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRX37 View Post
Something else about that photograph I find a bit odd. The smiles on both the child and (presumably) mother's faces.

The mother looks mildly displeased, and the child looks like she's giving one of those forced smiles, like she's been threatened with punishment if she doesn't give the cameraman a nice big smile.
Sure they are not happy. They were the ones that hauled the set into place! How would they be smiling?
Old 09-04-2015, 12:46 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Quote:
Something else about that photograph I find a bit odd. The smiles on both the child and (presumably) mother's faces.

The mother looks mildly displeased, and the child looks like she's giving one of those forced smiles, like she's been threatened with punishment if she doesn't give the cameraman a nice big smile.
This was also posted over on Facebook... Hoo, Boy ! Yeah, that woman looks like she'd be a REAL "Piece of Work"... The little girl, I'll wager was a Brat, 1st Class. I PITY the poor service guy who had to go FIX this Abortion-On-Toast when it Took the proverbial Chit.. The color set, about ANYONE would be workin' WAY over their lunch, trying to yank it loose.. You could NEVER be entirely sure the latest Hand Hold you got on it DIDN'T have 120VAC on it... And Mrs Gotrocks looks like the kind who considered ALL "Service Guy" types to be WAY under HER exalted station in life, & wouldn't hesitate a second to give the poor sap a Piece of her Well-Educated Mind, if this thing wasn't 1000% the way it was B4 it took its latest Crapola.. The Sweet, cute l'il girl would undoubtedly be right in the middle of what Service Guy was TRYING to do, either that, or she'd be a PERFECT "Little Miss Horse's Ass", 'cause she was missing the latest episode of "My Friend Flicka", or somesuch....
Old 09-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
And once assembled it would never leave. It was easier to just put up a new wall then to try and dislodge the beast from its place of residence.
Not unlike my desk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJMiranda View Post
Sure they are not happy. They were the ones that hauled the set into place! How would they be smiling?
I'd be standing in front of it striking a bodybuilder pose.
Audiokarma
Old 09-04-2015, 04:14 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

http://www.videokarma.org/showthread.php?t=254899
Old 09-04-2015, 04:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Another ad for RCA Victor's "Mural" TV. This one from 1960 and includes both the color tv & stereo Hi-FI set up in the same room.

-Steve D.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tumblr_ncy2qcCDEv1skkfpco1_1280.jpg (138.2 KB, 68 views)
Old 09-04-2015, 11:04 PM
Another CT-100 lives!

That 1960 ad sure makes the color CRT look like a rectangular one. I bet the artist did not know or think of the difference.

Quote from another forum: "(Antique TV collecting) always seemed to me to be a fringe hobby that only weirdos did."
Old 09-05-2015, 10:34 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Trust me... You DO NOT wanna try to "Wrassle" an over heavy TV/radio w/o LOTS of help.. Had to "Manhandle" my 152 LB Rohde & Schwarz, W. German "Boatanchor" all by my lonesome... Saw stars, moons, planets, "Lightnings" & OTHER funky stuff.
Old 09-13-2015, 02:59 AM
VideoKarma Member

You guys can have the RCA "wall of sound" and color along with the disgruntled ready made family and I will take the lowly Southridge and the mighty fine bird bumped up against that happy TV any day!

What ever happened to that kind of sex appeal? Classy and respectable! Nice TV too....
Old 09-20-2015, 01:34 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Cost too much to do. Consoles got cheaper down the years until the last ones were fourth rate particleboard.