Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-02-2015, 07:31 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy View Post
If those pictures were accurate, and not stock photos, they're mostly old computer monitors. There's no real change here. No one wants 20-30 year old TVs. It was no different back when tube sets were in that age range. You couldn't give away color roundies, or 60's tube sets in the 80s and 90s. Even I didn't want them back then.

There are a FEW under 30 year old tv sets I desire and collect. Those late 1980's NAP sets with the C6 C8 or C9 chassis, 1986-1989 Sears sanyo sets (SOME Of them--ONLY the cold chassis ones --in particular the big, tall 31 and 35 inch console sets they made..the 35" in particular. ), a few RCA chassis like the dimensia CTC 131 or 133. NOT the ctc 140...I HATE that chassis !!) and a few others NO miutsubishi sets !!
Old 01-02-2015, 08:13 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Funny, the folks out here try to acquire those to fend off bears fans...
Made me think for a few seconds.
Old 01-08-2015, 03:38 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
They mind as will lock me up with 300 plus counts of possession of CRT sets.
We live in a corrupt gullible era that the public is stupid and believe all the media BS thats out there.

They showed it when DTV hit the airwaves and believe the BS the feds and the media said that digital TV is better then analog and need the channel bandwidth for emergency response radio.

DTV is crap and the corrupt telecommunication corps got they want.

Sorry about the rant.

I now have a JVC 32 inch set in back of my car waiting to get moved into my house once I make a space for it.
Hahaha.I just added two more sets to my collection.
All the environuts can come get me.LOL....
Old 01-08-2015, 04:44 PM
Old TVs are better!

Those CRT tubes never hurt anybody, unless they imploded. The government and the recycling industry is just trying to make more money off anything that might be consider hazardous. Aren't the new swirly light bulbs also considered hazardous waste, but yet they want us to buy those and "save" energy. Anything can be considered hazardous if used in the wrong way. Yea, we send them over to 3rd world countries, and let them burn them, which is worse than just leaving them alone buried in a landfill. Even the flat screens I believe contain mercury, so are they going to ban those too in time for something newer and better for the environment? Those stupid suit and tie guys in Washington try to force everything on the general public so the big CEO's, and politicians can rake in all the dough. Oh by the way, lets ban cars (people get killed in accidents), lets ban all guns, how about power plants, (they produce pollution), Maybe we can all live on solar power, with our environmentally friendly gadgets. Think they will ever run semi-trucks on batteries? I doubt it!! No fuel, no pollution, but think again, the batteries (if it were possible) would also contain poisonous waste. CRTs, well I'm keeping my old TV sets.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:28 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by centralradio View Post
Hahaha.I just added two more sets to my collection.
All the environuts can come get me.LOL....
I have one coming tomorrow, ha.

Good luck to them confiscating my stuff while riding a bicycle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers View Post
Those CRT tubes never hurt anybody, unless they imploded. The government and the recycling industry is just trying to make more money off anything that might be consider hazardous. Aren't the new swirly light bulbs also considered hazardous waste, but yet they want us to buy those and "save" energy. Anything can be considered hazardous if used in the wrong way. Yea, we send them over to 3rd world countries, and let them burn them, which is worse than just leaving them alone buried in a landfill. Even the flat screens I believe contain mercury, so are they going to ban those too in time for something newer and better for the environment? Those stupid suit and tie guys in Washington try to force everything on the general public so the big CEO's, and politicians can rake in all the dough. Oh by the way, lets ban cars (people get killed in accidents), lets ban all guns, how about power plants, (they produce pollution), Maybe we can all live on solar power, with our environmentally friendly gadgets. Think they will ever run semi-trucks on batteries? I doubt it!! No fuel, no pollution, but think again, the batteries (if it were possible) would also contain poisonous waste. CRTs, well I'm keeping my old TV sets.
With any luck china will destroy their share of the ozone layer completely and burn themselves off the face of the earth.

I don't think mercury switches are used in cars anymore due to environmental profits, yet the flat panels are loaded with the stuff and designed to break. Ka-ching!

It's a little known fact that the ties those suit dummies wear restrict blood flow to the brain. Not that they were smart to begin with.

Handguns are already banned in Canada. No voluntary trips to the Gottingen Street area for me. Area residents are poor and have to conserve their ammunition, so that keeps gun crime down a bit.

Last edited by Jon A.; 01-08-2015 at 08:00 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 01-08-2015, 09:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

And guns are banned for the POLICE (they call them "gendarmes") in Paris.....look how THAT worked out...
Old 01-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rca2000 View Post
And guns are banned for the POLICE (they call them "gendarmes") in Paris.....look how THAT worked out...
Wow, I'd feel really safe with overpaid security guards for protection.

"Gendunarmes" would be a more appropriate term now.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:32 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:

Just two words i will say: I AGREE
Old 01-10-2015, 08:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
If you can post the chassis number then I should be able to send you the factory schematic, and possibly the full service manual (though my manual collection is less complete than my schematic collection).
Hmm,.. There 's too much stock on it and the set is in a shed in a basement but its a Zenith Solid-state.

here is my Set:

Old 01-10-2015, 10:56 AM
Analogue is Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterbeers
Aren't the new swirly light bulbs also considered hazardous waste, but yet they want us to buy those and "save" energy
Yea and they are CRAP ALSO.... Dont produce as good light,etc......

Complete trash!!
Audiokarma
Old 01-11-2015, 07:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
If you can post the chassis number then I should be able to send you the factory schematic, and possibly the full service manual (though my manual collection is less complete than my schematic collection).

No problem in another post i posted the informations ' Zenith Tv solid-state 70's '
Old 01-11-2015, 05:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Those CRT tubes never hurt anybody, unless they imploded. The government and the recycling industry is just trying to make more money off anything that might be consider hazardous.
The goverment tried several years ago to ban ammonia household refrigerators by offering $15.00 per appliance to anyone that would turn one in to collection.
Old 01-16-2015, 10:02 PM
Analogue is Awesome

And I bet many sheeple lunged @ that!!
Old 01-20-2015, 05:45 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

C'mon, guys ! LAY OFF the Politickin'...Y'all KNOW better...
Old 01-20-2015, 09:14 PM
VideoKarma Member

Sounds like my best friend. She told me that a couple of years back...and so I did. Now--we are at the place where we can't talk about hardly ANY subject--without her going off at me...

Needless to say...our "friendship" is on VERY shaky grounds right now.

If pointing out how it is becoming increasingly difficult for us to collect and store our stiff due to regulations and laws is now forbidden....then we might as well just STOP talking altogether.
Audiokarma