Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Expeditions & Passions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Learning as I go

Teletype?

I couldn't see this fitting in anywhere in the classifieds so I thought it would best fit here.
Anyone know where I could find a teletype with either a current loop interface or a rs-232 interface that is in Texas or Missouri? Everyone I know who collects vintage computers and the even old computer shops that are tucked around here that still have people working there who know what a tape drive is seem to all have either gotten rid of one very recently due to it being in bad shape or they are still using it for personal use...

Thanks-
Joseph L.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:26 AM
VideoKarma Member

I have owned several Teletype machines but they are so big I can't justify the space they occupy. I still operate RTTY but it's with a computer now. Much quieter, and no more reek of oil in the room.
Old 04-23-2013, 09:25 AM
Learning as I go

My room already smells like oil
I have at least 10 antique fans in there two Selectrics and one very old Underwood that I found last night that i had completely forgot about (think that meant I have too much stuff?)
Old 04-23-2013, 10:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

You don't know what it means to have too much stuff until you see my place. I have a ham radio station with spare rigs, two electronics workbenches with lots of extra test equipment, 23 musical instruments (I play most of them), photography stuff, lots of books and music and accessories, more tools than a Harbor Freight store, closets full of stereo gear, and the list goes on. I also have some old typewriters I will never use. Maybe you are interested in one or more. There is a Royal desk model, an Olivetti portable, and at least one more. A movie projector, tape recorders, sewing machines, vacuum cleaners...
Old 04-23-2013, 10:51 AM
Learning as I go

I know what you mean about instruments we have one pedal organ a banjo three gitaur a two violins two trombones (these are mine I play trombone) a drench horn and two trumpets and two pianos!
What model is the royal I might be interested
P.s. I am going to get my tech and general ham licensee this summer!

Last edited by josephdaniel; 04-23-2013 at 11:03 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 AM
VideoKarma Member

I never saw a drench horn; is it for use in the rain?

The Royal is a KMM I believe, standard size desk model. The ribbon is probably dried up but when last seen it worked fine. I even have the original rubberized plastic cover.

I have a Chickering grand piano, a Casio 88 key electronic piano and a cheap Yamaha keyboard. One trombone, six saxes, several clarinets (including an A and a bass), a double bass, a set of drums, a trumpet, a couple of cornets, a flute, chromatic harmonica, more. I am active playing jazz on piano, sax, clarinet, double bass, and am bringing my trumpet chops back to usefulness.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:18 PM
Learning as I go

I think we got a little bit off topic but um
How much do you want for that Royal? And what state are you in?
Old 04-23-2013, 01:29 PM
VideoKarma Member

I am in Los Angeles. Make offer and we might negotiate something making it worth shipping.