Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-27-2020, 11:25 AM
VideoKarma Member

OK well I think it was a little too early to celebrate, because the volume control started acting up again all the sudden, it was working perfectly but then all the sudden the volume got loud and the tone controls quit working again and the volume control is acting like a tone control again, so something must of happened to the capacitor I just stuck in there, which is weird because it was a brand new polypropolene capacitor that was never used so I wouldn't of thought that it would of shorted out or failed open suddenly...

I'm kind of getting tired of having to take this radio apart over and over again just to keep chasing down problems that keep cropping up one after another like this, they really didn't make this radio servicer friendly seeing as you have to go through the front and the back to remove the chassis screws and the knobs on the front are a pain in the butt to remove as well and the preset panel is also a pain to remove.

I can see why they didn't make this particular model of radio for very long.

Last edited by vortalexfan; 06-27-2020 at 11:44 AM.