Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Things with Motors

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-04-2017, 08:21 PM
VideoKarma Member

After thought... i would drive my wife and kids in one

Because they are totally cool. I just wouldnt take it in dangerous traffic like nyc. Recently i got all shook up going to manhattan. I am singing with niel diamond 8track, perfect sunny like fla, sunroof open: "i feel like the only rooster in the henhouse and i guess it shows"(not my kinda song but the mood fit)until the moment i entered the lincoln tunnel and like a switch flipped in my head to total fright like omg! As the tunnel lights were out, my headlights stuck on hibeam with outer bulbs un]lugged. I dont remember seeing lane lines, nobody to follow looked total dark. Cars behind me a huge bus to my right seemed to not want to pass me as i think i only did 10mph in a 35 zone. I still cant believe i got thru without scuffin my precious whitewalls.
Freaks me out to remember that reality . Makes me want a selfdriving car so i can smoke and make out instead of having all the crap scared outta me. I kept expecting crazy blaring horns but none, very strange for me.
Did i properly represent a typical floridian in my fashionable markv with palm beach tag?
That was my first time driving into mabhattan and just like on tv the peep show neon sign reminded me of what kinda place i was in. Actually the bigger clue was all the poor desperates asking for money. I seriously would love to give cash to anybody so sad but i am not rich yet. So, the mood i get there had me respond like an idiot: do i look like i have money to give! I truly almost got punched or killed several times. Between those desperates and a few nyc cops behaving like on tv i got really turned off to nyc. I will leave it for the elites

Last edited by JB5pro; 02-04-2017 at 08:52 PM.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:14 PM
The Resident Brony

Well, remember, the Corvair is 'unsafe at any speed.'

lul
Old 02-06-2017, 10:11 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadMan View Post

lul
He he... even 0mph? Seriously i recognize how great corvairs are and i just should have thought more about how what i wrote could be percieved.
Elvis gave one to pricilla... how much more proof of cool do you need?
This almost got me all shook up uh ha huh yay yay i'm all shook up!
Old 02-06-2017, 10:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:

lul
The person that quoted that, never drove a car. I, personally can't see anyone that has any wealth at all, not owning a car, barring physical or vision imparements.
Old 02-06-2017, 04:43 PM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB5pro View Post
He he... even 0mph?
I was jokingly quoting someone from the past.

Last edited by MadMan; 02-11-2017 at 03:19 AM.
Audiokarma
Old 03-06-2017, 05:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
I was jokingly quoting someone from the past.
Yeah, Ralph Nader who was famously quoted as saying that the Chrysler 300s were too dangerous because of their "sharp" tailfins...

Yeah, lets just say that Nader's book "Dangerous at any Speed" did NOT make the New York Times Best selling list, in fact I believe that book was an absolute flop for him, I wonder why?
Old 03-06-2017, 05:45 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainclock View Post

Yeah, lets just say that Nader's book "Dangerous at any Speed" did NOT make the New York Times Best selling list, in fact I believe that book was an absolute flop for him, I wonder why?

"Dangerous...?" Actually "Unsafe At Any Speed" was a non-fiction best seller in 1966.

As a reminder and why I am still tracking this thread, my 1st car I paid for was a '65 Corvair Corsa I bought in '68 for $450 off a used car lot. Drove it for a year and a half and lived to tell about it!
Old 03-06-2017, 06:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
"Dangerous...?" Actually "Unsafe At Any Speed" was a non-fiction best seller in 1966.

As a reminder and why I am still tracking this thread, my 1st car I paid for was a '65 Corvair Corsa I bought in '68 for $450 off a used car lot. Drove it for a year and a half and lived to tell about it!
Well either way that book didn't make the New York Times Best Selling List, which is what makes a book a true best selling book, so technically its still a flop because if I remember right the book never broke the 10 million copies mark which is what makes a book a true "best seller" besides the aforementioned New York Times List, which is also the reason why you're hard pressed to find any copies of that book anymore because it was a load of crap that was written by someone that the U.S. government actually considered a communist sympathizer under the McCarthy Act.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:54 PM
Zenith Walton My 1st TV

Quote:
Well either way that book didn't make the New York Times Best Selling List...
Au contraire The book made it to NYT bestsellers #8 for two weeks in July '66...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg unsafenadar-071066-2.jpg (68.1 KB, 14 views)

Last edited by Ed in Tx; 03-06-2017 at 07:00 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 07:41 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Well either way that book didn't make the New York Times Best Selling List, which is what makes a book a true best selling book, so technically its still a flop because if I remember right the book never broke the 10 million copies mark which is what makes a book a true "best seller" besides the aforementioned New York Times List, which is also the reason why you're hard pressed to find any copies of that book anymore because it was a load of crap that was written by someone that the U.S. government actually considered a communist sympathizer under the McCarthy Act.
Back then the Time's best sellers list may have been a good ranking of best sellers, but it has not been recently...They've taken to ignoring best selling books that don't jibe with their political leanings...
Fair and accurate news reporting is hard to come by. They all lean hard in some direction, and don't do the leg work of confirming their sources information...As soon as one finds some juicy 'hear say' BS they all 're-tweet it' over their news feeds as fact, like trained parrots. Disgraceful.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Audiokarma
Old 03-06-2017, 08:12 PM
The Resident Brony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Fair and accurate news reporting is hard to come by. They all lean hard in some direction, and don't do the leg work of confirming their sources information...As soon as one finds some juicy 'hear say' BS they all 're-tweet it' over their news feeds as fact, like trained parrots. Disgraceful.
But fake news made up by 4chan and fed to the media is the best!
Old 03-06-2017, 08:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed in Tx View Post
Au contraire The book made it to NYT bestsellers #8 for two weeks in July '66...

Yes, but notice it barely made the top ten list. which still in my opinion that book was a bunch of made-up bs just to scare the kitties so to speak, if you've ever actually read the book (which I've read bits and pieces and excerpts from it) if there would of been such a thing as fake news back then, Ralph Nader's book would of been it, because all of the statistics in his book were made up and untruthful and didn't actually reflect any actual attempt at research.

Like I said his book was sensationalist at most and like I said, add to the fact that Ralph Nader was investigated by the government multiple times under the McCarthy Act because of his anti-American leanings in his writings.