Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

rca color-bar generator WR-61A

help ! i have a rca color bar gen. WR-61A i would like to restore, i need a schematic for it, tryed to search online cant seem to find it does anyone have one thats complete .mainly on the caps its full of faded color bubble bee's type cant make out the color bands anymore .thanks
Old 05-06-2013, 04:42 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Since no one else has posted, I'll say I can't help either. Does this bear any resemblance to the WR-64, which does show up with a Google search?
http://www.radiomuseum.org/r/rca_col...ssh_gener.html
Old 05-06-2013, 08:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Tried BAMAs but they only have a WR-64b. Might want to try yahoo group for manuals or somewhere like that.
Old 05-06-2013, 08:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

i took some pictures of it ,i probley have figured out the caps values, i would like to know if theres been any updates on it, and just to have the schematic for it . i have seen these and some other rca test equitment in alot of older books and i would like to collect all of them that match the set.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rca test 1.jpg (68.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg rca test 2.jpg (114.7 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg rca test 3.jpg (91.9 KB, 28 views)
Old 05-08-2013, 06:50 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson903 View Post
help ! i have a rca color bar gen. WR-61A i would like to restore, i need a schematic for it, tryed to search online cant seem to find it does anyone have one thats complete .mainly on the caps its full of faded color bubble bee's type cant make out the color bands anymore .thanks
Snelson,

I just googled RCA "WR61A" schematic (with quotes on the model number) and found a $6.00 hit at

http://spartonequasonne.webs.com/Man...20Ver%2016.txt

Not affiliated and I have never heard of the company.

James.
Audiokarma
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

wow thats alot of words on that page ,youll go buggy looking at it.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:31 AM
VideoKarma Member

WR-61A Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by snelson903 View Post
i took some pictures of it ,i probley have figured out the caps values, i would like to know if theres been any updates on it, and just to have the schematic for it . i have seen these and some other rca test equitment in alot of older books and i would like to collect all of them that match the set.
I just ran across this forum so maybe you have found what you need but I do have the manual for the RCA WR-61A Generator and also the generator itself. Mine has been modified in the past to use the modulator and rf generator portion and is missing 3 tubes so is best considered a parts machine or a restoration project itself. The manual includes the schematics for both versions of the WR-61a
Old 02-21-2014, 02:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldrepairman View Post
I just ran across this forum so maybe you have found what you need but I do have the manual for the RCA WR-61A Generator and also the generator itself. Mine has been modified in the past to use the modulator and rf generator portion and is missing 3 tubes so is best considered a parts machine or a restoration project itself. The manual includes the schematics for both versions of the WR-61a
im interested in all the info on the wr-61a i can find , let me know how much you want for it. thanks