Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Curbside at VideoKarma

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-09-2017, 11:52 AM
First Light: 1952-2011

Calling Dave May or John Horvath: roundie in Warren

Not mine, you guys are closer than me.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/142406936885?_mwBanner=1
Old 06-09-2017, 12:12 PM
VideoKarma Member

Not a '55. Actually a 1956-57 CTC-5 Whitby console.

-Steve D.

Last edited by Steve D.; 10-21-2017 at 02:00 PM.
Old 06-13-2017, 11:41 AM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

warning

Just to give you a warning He has made deals to sell this set to 3 people after the auction.
Old 06-13-2017, 01:00 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniman82 View Post
Not mine, you guys are closer than me.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/142406936885?_mwBanner=1

Were you thinking this was in Warren, OH? It's actually in Warren, MI which isn't all that close to them.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Dead from the neck up

Too far for me. I got the chassis done on mine, but haven't gotten the cabinet inside to complete restoration.
Audiokarma
Old 06-19-2017, 11:24 AM
VideoKarma Member

Something fishy going on here. Eight bids and sold at $500, but now relisted at $350. Seller has some explaining to do.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/142419117606

Old 06-19-2017, 11:29 AM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

warning

warning: This guy is a nut case. He sold the set to a guy in Nebraska on ebay and backed out. Call me and said I could have it. I went and looked at it, cabinet is a mess. Front glass is broken. Chassis had some Electrolytic Capacitors replaced and is not in the set. Talked to the original owned he said the tv was never tested when he got the chassis back. And that the guy he got the set from told him the picture tube was good. Knob and legs missing. I turned down the set for 200.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:34 AM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

ok I see someone has just bid on the set. If hes reads this I wish him luck.
Old 06-21-2017, 07:21 PM
First Light: 1952-2011

So has the crt been tested or not? I'm confused.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:13 AM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Quote:
This tv was left in a flip house. Kevin who bought the house talks to the original owner of the house. When I was there I too asked about the picture tube, As I was told it was a great working set I didn't bring my tube tester. So while I was there Kevin called him for me and I got to talk to him. He told me about 5 years ago he took the set in to a tv shop to have it fixed.
He says they told him they could not fix the set but the picture tube was good. He then sent the chassis out to someone in LA to fix the chassis. They replaced some of the Electrolytics and sent it back. He never put the chassis back in the set, never tested it. Sounds fishy to me. The cabinet is not that nice. The safety glass is cracked, missing the legs and some knobs.
Kevin is also not someone I would trust. As the lives in the flip house once he sells it you may never find him again.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:42 PM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Quote:
New update
My buddy bought this set (ctc9) from Kevin. He was just able to start to check set out. Tested the 21cy22a tube no emissions all 3 guns. fuse wire broke off terminal strip Below is his ad. Now would you trust the ctc 5 tube is any good??

Vintage RCA Colored Victor Television. Great condition, works great. Local pick up only. Sold as is and no warranty

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Colo...vip=true&rt=nc
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cccccccccccc.jpg (37.4 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by oldtvsandtoy; 06-22-2017 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 08:36 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Me: I'm interested in your set, but I need to see much better pictures all around. Your pictures in the listing are too small to determine what condition the set is really in. I'd like to see some real good pictures of the insides of the set. Also, it looks as if the legs and control knobs may be missing. Are they included? Is there any damage to the cabinet, the safety glass, or any other parts of the set? Also what picture tube tester did you test the CRT on, and what were the readings? And please explain why the set was sold for $500 last week, but is now relisted. Things like that make buyers like me very suspicious that you will cancel the sale even if I am the high bidder. Thanks.

He: Yes I will, the frame has a few minor scratches nothing major, a tiny chip in the glass that you can t even notice and the pervious home owner left it and didn t want to but had to be out of the house and he is shipping me the legs and knobs for it. I had to cancel on the last guy because he didn t pay for 2 plus days and said he wasn t going to pick it up for several weeks if not months, which I should have the house sold by then so I didn t have the time to wait. Thanks for your interest

Me: Most important to the value of this TV is the condition of the picture tube. You claim it is good, but that can only be determined by a recent testing. How and when was it tested, by what machine, and what were the readings? If you can't provide this, buyers will have to assume it is no good.

He: ---he never responded---

---never sent additional pictures---

Old 06-23-2017, 12:00 AM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by WISCOJIM View Post
Me: I'm interested in your set, but I need to see much better pictures all around. Your pictures in the listing are too small to determine what condition the set is really in. I'd like to see some real good pictures of the insides of the set. Also, it looks as if the legs and control knobs may be missing. Are they included? Is there any damage to the cabinet, the safety glass, or any other parts of the set? Also what picture tube tester did you test the CRT on, and what were the readings? And please explain why the set was sold for $500 last week, but is now relisted. Things like that make buyers like me very suspicious that you will cancel the sale even if I am the high bidder. Thanks.

He: Yes I will, the frame has a few minor scratches nothing major, a tiny chip in the glass that you can t even notice and the pervious home owner left it and didn t want to but had to be out of the house and he is shipping me the legs and knobs for it. I had to cancel on the last guy because he didn t pay for 2 plus days and said he wasn t going to pick it up for several weeks if not months, which I should have the house sold by then so I didn t have the time to wait. Thanks for your interest

Me: Most important to the value of this TV is the condition of the picture tube. You claim it is good, but that can only be determined by a recent testing. How and when was it tested, by what machine, and what were the readings? If you can't provide this, buyers will have to assume it is no good.

He: ---he never responded---

---never sent additional pictures---

There is at least a 4" crack in the lower left of the safety glass. If you look in the 2nd picture (lower left) you can see a piece of clear tape. He put that over the crack to try to stop it. Veneer chips on both sides bottom. Told me picture tube tested about 5 years ago. Dont surprise me he didn't get back to you. He only knows what he has been told.

Last edited by oldtvsandtoy; 06-23-2017 at 12:04 AM.
Old 06-24-2017, 01:27 PM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

$480 I hope who bought brings a tube tester
Old 07-17-2017, 11:20 AM
Nyuk Nyuk Nyuk

Vintage-1956-CTC-5-RCA-COLORED-Roundie-Television Vintage-1956-CTC-5-RCA-CO

IIIIII t's Back. Do we know who bought it last time?
3 buyers no keepers. I wonder why

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1956...MAAOSwY3BZNyCl