Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-23-2018, 06:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

I picked up this the other day, at a bookstore closing sale.
If there's interest, and comfort by site owners, I can scan and make available for posting... It covers popular changers up to 1961, including the little 45 changers. If it's something everyone already has, or is conveniently available online already, I will carry on...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7122.jpg (103.1 KB, 101 views)

Last edited by Chip Chester; 02-23-2018 at 06:47 PM.
Old 02-23-2018, 07:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chester View Post
If there's interest, and comfort by site owners, I can scan and make available for posting... It covers popular changers up to 1961, including the little 45 changers. If it's something everyone already has, or is conveniently available online already, I will carry on...

I'd be interested to read that!
Old 04-22-2018, 07:30 PM
Gimpus Stereophilus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chester View Post

Scan this book, please. Many vintage phono owners would love to have it, myself included.
Old 04-23-2018, 12:50 AM
VideoKarma Member

Getting close... hopefully this coming week. Hang in there!
Old 04-23-2018, 09:35 PM
VideoKarma Member

Ok, so where should this end up? It'll be a bunch of PDF files, or one big one, or maybe sections... initially not indexed but later it will be. Is there a place here on this site to upload stuff like this? Or is it discouraged due to long-outta-date copyright? Not a fan of Dropbox, etc. because years from now they'll change their structure, and all the links will be dead. Should really be here on-site, or perhaps in Audiokarma land, where I will go look next...

... where I found akdatabase.com. Looks like the place to be, as it is audio-ish in nature.

Last edited by Chip Chester; 04-23-2018 at 09:42 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 04-24-2018, 02:29 AM
VideoKarma Member

And that's gonna be nope.

All scanned in... all 515MB/300 pages of it. of it. Compresses to slightly smaller, but not a lot. 300dpi -- needed for some of the diagrams and charts, etc. (Book is worthless if you can't read it.)

So, does Videokarma have a Digital Docs area like Audiokarma does? And how would one get this doc to whoever has posting authority? I suppose I could Dropbox it to that person, but don't want to just put it up on Dropbox (or other) permanently, because policies and interfaces change, causing links in threads and discussions to break. Better to be hosted on VK/AK.