Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2023, 04:10 PM
VideoKarma Member

Question about how high voltage works

Hey guys a while back I was working on an RCA black and white set, and for whatever reason my high voltage was always weak I only got about 3000v. Eventually I got frustrated and put it to the side. My question is how do you get the high voltage. I'm having a hard time explaining my question but basically I know there's a series of stages that create the high voltage. Does the vertical have to be running to get a horizontal output to work? Or is it the horizontal output that has to be running to get the vertical to work. Looking at the schematic it seems like I need the horizontal oscillator running to get the negative voltage to turn on the horizontal output tube, which powers both the focus rectifier and the power for the flyback, which feeds the high voltage rectifier and I should get 14.25kv. I've ohmed out the fly back and it's good, I've also completely recapped the set, all the tubes test good. So I'm trying to understand the circuit a little better so I can find my problem.

I can't make the Sam's PDF small enough that I can upload it on here so here's a link to the file on my Google Drive. Page 4 has the schematic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wse...w?usp=drivesdk