Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2010, 01:12 AM
VideoKarma Member

Someone just gave me a load of VHS tapes

A friend of mine just gave me approx. 75 VHS tapes that he had copied to DVD and no longer had a use for the tapes. Most of them are game shows from the '50's, '60's, and '70's that he recorded off of Game Show Network. I did find a few tapes of "Sanford and Son", "Archie Bunker's Place", "All in the Family", "Leave it to Beaver", and "Three's Company". I think he recorded these off of TV Land, before they went down the drain. I'm really not that big on game shows; but, I'll probably keep a few of the older ones to play on my older TV's. What I don't want will likely be used to record older shows off of RTN that I enjoy as it seems like new production VHS tapes that are of decent quality are getting to be a thing of the past. As far as that goes, any kind of VHS tape is becoming a thing of the past. The last time I bought tapes at Wal-Mart, they only had 5 packs of Sony brand tapes and I think ratshack had Maxell brand tapes. RS and wal-mart are about the only two places in town that I was able to find new tapes. Back in the day, I could buy tapes at just about any store in town and they had many brands to pick from. I know some people will probably tell me to join the 21st century and get on the DVD train; but, I question how long DVD's will last. I have tapes that are 20-25 years old and they still play fine.