Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-02-2017, 06:48 PM
VideoKarma Member

Power boost Antenna

I have a power antenna where there power adaptor is by the set and it sends the power up the coax to the antenna. The question is if I want to run other tv's off the boosted antenna via a splitter, do I need a power device to prevent any loss caused by the other sets/coax cables?
Old 01-02-2017, 07:41 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

You only need to put the power adapter between the splitter input and the antenna (not between any splitter output and a TV). No additional power to the antenna is needed.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:09 AM
VideoKarma Member

Antenna

Here is how it is wired now. Didnt know if the other tv's would break down the signal strength.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20170103_090607344.jpg (31.7 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-03-2017, 09:34 AM
See yourself on Color TV!

A splitter always reduces the signal power to the outputs. This occurs whether the antenna is a powered one or not.

The concerns with your arrangement are:
1) if the splitter blocks DC, your power antenna won't get power (apparently your splitter doesn't block DC, if the power antenna is working)
2) if the splitter passes DC but has resistive elements, it may reduce the power to your antenna
3) if the splitter passes DC between all outputs and the input, it will reduce or short out the power to the antenna if anything on any output shorts out DC.

Best way to be sure none of this happens is to interchange the positions of the power supply and the splitter in your diagram. "Power to antenna" block should go between "splitter in" and antenna. The "power to antenna" device sends DC only on the antenna side and will not put DC on the splitter and TV sets.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:51 PM
Bob Galanter

Don't be a penny pincher, trying to do it on the cheap.

Buy a distribution amplifier like this. https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Maste.../dp/B001PI09SE

Connect the input of the distribution amp to the output jack on your antenna power supply. Then powers all your sets from the output of the distibution amp.

With a distribution amplifier, you will not have any signal loss. If a 3DB signal goes in, you will get a 3db signal on every output jack of the amp.

I use several of these in my system. I tried using standard splitters like you have first, and had huge signal loss causing pixelation. Then I started using these distribution amps and I get excellent signal strength to all 15 sets that I currently have wired in my display room. I use a powered UHF rotor antenna like you are probably using too.

Also see this page on my web site
http://antiquetvguy.com/WebPages/FAQ...%20Signal.html

New Web Site under developement
ME http://AntiqueTvGuy.com
Audiokarma
Old 01-03-2017, 05:18 PM
VideoKarma Member

Smile Antenna Booster

Bob is correct= The Channel Master DA is the best! You can order directly from Channel Master, as well as Amazon.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:02 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohohyodafarted View Post
Don't be a penny pincher, trying to do it on the cheap.

Buy a distribution amplifier like this. https://www.amazon.com/Channel-Maste.../dp/B001PI09SE

Connect the input of the distribution amp to the output jack on your antenna power supply. Then powers all your sets from the output of the distibution amp.

With a distribution amplifier, you will not have any signal loss. If a 3DB signal goes in, you will get a 3db signal on every output jack of the amp.

I use several of these in my system. I tried using standard splitters like you have first, and had huge signal loss causing pixelation. Then I started using these distribution amps and I get excellent signal strength to all 15 sets that I currently have wired in my display room. I use a powered UHF rotor antenna like you are probably using too.

Also see this page on my web site
http://antiquetvguy.com/WebPages/FAQ...%20Signal.html
The only way you can get away using those Magnavox DTV convertors is that your location is so close to the transmitter sites. Out were I am, they're barely passable. I need, either a Zenith-Insignia or a Digital Stream.
My distribution amp is a Radio Shack, four output unit, a thrift-shop special.
Old 01-05-2017, 11:18 AM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The only way you can get away using those Magnavox DTV convertors is that your location is so close to the transmitter sites. Out were I am, they're barely passable. I need, either a Zenith-Insignia or a Digital Stream.
My distribution amp is a Radio Shack, four output unit, a thrift-shop special.
Yup, those Maggies are average at best. Out here a number of channels that a Zenith can get rock solid with just a mediocre indoor UHF loop the Maggies will struggle to get with a better bowite antenna, or outright not tune with the mediocre loop.

Where Bob's at if he had Zenith boxes he could probably dispense with the antenna system altogether, and get the same reception with a few inches of phone outlet hook up wire plugged into the center of the boxes antenna jacks...

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 01-06-2017, 09:46 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Yup, those Maggies are average at best. Out here a number of channels that a Zenith can get rock solid with just a mediocre indoor UHF loop the Maggies will struggle to get with a better bowite antenna, or outright not tune with the mediocre loop.

Where Bob's at if he had Zenith boxes he could probably dispense with the antenna system altogether, and get the same reception with a few inches of phone outlet hook up wire plugged into the center of the boxes antenna jacks...
As usual, a clever observation by MR. Carlson!
The Maggies are bad enough, the RCA's are no prize either! And those GE camel-back jobs, forget it, unless you're living on east Capital drive.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:23 PM
Bob Galanter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post

Once again you are speaking about something you personally know nothing about Tom. Your attitude seems to imply that you know my situation better than I do. That's nothing short of arrogant. I have lived in this house for 65 years, do you really think I don't understand the reception problems in my own home???

I have never been able to get decent tv reception, even back in the analog days because I actually live so close to the tower park that I am in the shadow of the towers. The signals are full of reflections due to aluminum siding on both my home and my neighbor's house who is between me and the towers.

Now for the real kicker. My house is aluminum sided and has a metal roof. The metal roof and aluminum siding attenuate signals to the point that I have to stand by a window to get 1 bar of signal strength on my cell phone. Cell phones are pretty much useless in my house.

1 mile NW of my house is another tower park where channel 12 and 58 broadcast from. I can't receive any of those signals at all due to the metal siding and roof. Currently my antenna is inside on the ceiling of the tv museum but I am considering relocating it to the outside to get a stronger signal without interference from the metal roof and siding.

I will take your word about the Magnavox box not having sensitivity as good as the Zenith. I have no experience with the Zenith boxes. However, in my situation the fact is that you can't get something from nothing. My Magie boxes work quite well if I connect only one box directly to the antenna. If I split the same minimal antenna signal, using a passive splutter, into 4 feeds to the converters, the signal drops too low to be of any use. Therefore a distribution amp is required.

The problem is not the Magnovox converter boxes, it is the Faraday Cage that I live in.

Last edited by ohohyodafarted; 01-08-2017 at 01:27 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 01-08-2017, 04:58 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Once again you are speaking about something you personally know nothing about Tom. Your attitude seems to imply that you know my situation better than I do. That's nothing short of arrogant. I have lived in this house for 65 years, do you really think I don't understand the reception problems in my own home???
Bob you are being a paranoid jerk. I said probably because I can't know every blasted aspect of signal reception in every area nor was I trying to come across as pretending to do so. My comment was intended to be a mild hyperbole to illustrate relative RF sensitivity of DTV boxes not any sort of negative comment towards you, your system, or setup practices. I've lived close to TX towers before and not had multi-path/ghosting issues like you have. I'm sorry you and your neighbors building material choices were so poor and that previous posts I've made have bugged you. That last one was not intended to. You seriously need to mellow out, dude.

Quote:
I have never been able to get decent tv reception, even back in the analog days because I actually live so close to the tower park that I am in the shadow of the towers. The signals are full of reflections due to aluminum siding on both my home and my neighbor's house who is between me and the towers.

Now for the real kicker. My house is aluminum sided and has a metal roof. The metal roof and aluminum siding attenuate signals to the point that I have to stand by a window to get 1 bar of signal strength on my cell phone. Cell phones are pretty much useless in my house.

1 mile NW of my house is another tower park where channel 12 and 58 broadcast from. I can't receive any of those signals at all due to the metal siding and roof. Currently my antenna is inside on the ceiling of the tv museum but I am considering relocating it to the outside to get a stronger signal without interference from the metal roof and siding.

I will take your word about the Magnavox box not having sensitivity as good as the Zenith. I have no experience with the Zenith boxes. However, in my situation the fact is that you can't get something from nothing. My Magie boxes work quite well if I connect only one box directly to the antenna. If I split the same minimal antenna signal, using a passive splutter, into 4 feeds to the converters, the signal drops too low to be of any use. Therefore a distribution amp is required.

The problem is not the Magnovox converter boxes, it is the Faraday Cage that I live in.
Yikes sounds like a mess. I'm surprised you doubled down with metal when you built the bunker (you probably had some valid reason) given the long standing signal issues...I'd have probably gone with a tile roof (like the original ones you still see on 20's hacienda style homes), and some type of non-metallic siding. Once again I'm sorry to hear you have an unusual multipath issue, but were it not for that my polite educated supposition would be accurate.

You need to stop trying to read so far into things looking for digs that don't exist....When I light into someone I try to make it VERY clear what I'm doing.

If you are going to insult me for NEUTRAL technical advice/Technological opinion then I shall refrain from responding to your future requests for such advice.

I was initially going to razz you in this post (you certainly asked for it by derogatorily referring to me as arrogant with NO real basis), but I'm not going to be goaded into stooping to that.

I'm going to let this slide, However...Future unprovoked attacks from you such as this quoted post will result in a ban of a duration commensurate with the severity of such future behavior. You have been warned.

Old 01-09-2017, 04:03 AM
Bob Galanter

Dear Mr. Carlson,
In the first place this thread was a request from a poster about how to split his signal from his antenna to 4 tv sets. The correct answer was to use a distribution amp. Using a 4 way spliter is almost always a crappy idea. This thread was not a discussion about the brand of converter boxes to use. If you wanted to be of some help, you should have adressed the poster's original question on how to split his signals properly.

Quote:
Bob you are being a paranoid jerk.
Doing name calling now are we??? Gotcha!

Quote:
I'm sorry you and your neighbors building material choices were so poor
And just where the hell do you get off saying that the choice of construction materials that my neighbor and I used were "SO POOR" ?? Who the F are you to decide what is or is not a proper building material in a given situation. This is another prime example of your arrogant attitude.

Any time you refer to someone by name, you are getting personal. You mentioned me by name referencing issues that you had no first hand knowledge about. When you start talking about someone's personal situation, and postulating about things for which you have no first hand knowledge, that qualifies as arrogance.

Quote:
You seriously need to mellow out, dude.
And don't ever call me "dude". I am old enough to be your grandfather with worldly knowledge that you won't acquire for another 50 years (if ever). Be respectful of your elders and in the future please refer to me as "sir" or by my proper name.

And now, (being as you seem to feel I made bad choices in construction materials), a lesson about zoning codes and construction materials.

The house I live in has had aluminum siding since 1955, 4 years after it was first constructed. It was installed over 8" wood lap siding when, after only 4 years, the paint started to peel. Rather than spend money to repaint after only 4 years, aluminum was installed over the wood, which over the next 60 years has probably saved thousands of dollars in repaint costs.

The home of my neighbor to the south, was constructed in 1948 3 years prior to my home and had aluminum siding right from the start.

After having re-roofed my home 3 times during my life(once due to fire), I decided that I would never again spend for shitty conventional asphalt shingles, and 4 years ago I installed a lifetime, premium quality metal roof at only twice the cost of asphalt shingles. A metal roof and aluminum siding also gets me a small reduction in home owners insurance because it's also a great fire retardant. Can't say that about other building materials. Have you ever seen how vinyl siding melts and catches fire if the house next door is ablaze. Maintenance free materials like a metal roof and aluminum siding also add great value to a home should you decide to sell.

Most people who re-side their home use vinyl due to the very inexpensive nature of the material. Vinyl is about 1/3 the cost of aluminum and quality wise you always get what you pay for. Vinyl has a couple distinct disadvantages. First and foremost it has a very large coefficient of expansion. It has such a large CE that vinyl siding has to be installed in a "floating" fashion with room at the ends of each row for expansion. During the summer as the sun heats the vinyl, you can hear vinyl siding expanding and conversely as it cools in the evening as it shrinks. Even worse is the fact that in our extremely cold Wisconsin winters, the vinyl gets very brittle. If it is struck with a blow from an object such as a snow shovel it will crack and shatter. Aluminum siding has none of these disadvantages.

Most municipalities, have some sort of building codes that you must conform to. The Village of Whitefish Bay also has an architectural review board that governs the esthetics of your project. In fact if WFB could, they would probably regulate what kind of paper I wipe my butt with. In the case of the two story garage that was built over Bob's Bunker, there was a requirement that the siding be an exact match to the existing siding on my home. The same was true of the roof. The building code also regulates such things as the style of the corners that are used on the siding, the esthetics of the windows, the style of the roof line, and dozens of other esthetic issues that must meet code requirements during the design phase, prior to the granting of a construction permit.

Instead of commenting on, and jumping to conclusions about things you have no knowledge of, perhaps you should have just asked a simple question "Bob, you are very close to the transmitters, what is the reason you have a need for distribution amps?" That way I could answer you in a detailed informational manner, and you wouldn't be calling me a paranoid jerk who made poor choices of building materials.

Quote:
Future unprovoked attacks from you such as this quoted post will result in a ban of a duration commensurate with the severity of such future behavior. You have been warned.
Then I guess your name calling and insults toward me qualify this post as provoked by you Tom.

Last edited by Electronic M; 01-09-2017 at 02:12 PM. Reason: removing part where you've gone too far-YOUR REALLY PUSHING IT!
Old 01-09-2017, 02:10 PM
M is for Memory

I honestly never wanted to set you off or argue with you in the first place...And honestly I could not give a damn about what we are arguing about. You seem to want to argue with people for sport, (many deleted inflammatory posts and threads you've made often for no good reason/not in reply to anything attest to that), and read insult into places where none exists...I'm done arguing with you here as of this post (I've got enough crap in my life/better things to do) next time you dis-respect and insult me (as you've done here) will result in posts disappearing and a posting time out.

Quote:
In the first place this thread was a request from a poster about how to split his signal from his antenna to 4 tv sets This thread was not a discussion about the brand of converter boxes to use. If you wanted to be of some help, you should have adressed the poster's original question on how to split his signals properly.
I was not the one who brought up the topic of relative merit of converter boxes; I was merely responding to someone who was. I did not start the change of topic so DON'T accuse me of something I did not do. Topics drift often on VK, and it is generally tolerated unless the OP is bothered by it or the change breaks certain rules.
If you are bothered by topic shifts being allowed/common I suggest you start a separate topic for it.

Quote:
Doing name calling now are we??? Gotcha!
Says the one who called me arrogant first!
If I wanted to do name calling there are dozens of good ones that would curl your hair that I can come up with at a moments notice, and choose not to use...What I called you is what you appear to me to be.

Quote:
And just where the hell do you get off saying that the choice of construction materials that my neighbor and I used were "SO POOR" ?? Who the F are you to decide what is or is not a proper building material in a given situation. This is another prime example of your arrogant attitude.
Your right Bob, that siding and roof were the perfect choice for preventing multi-path, sorry to question your god-like wisdom. But seriously, if you say that your (and your neighbor's) roof and siding material are CAUSING multipath reception problems then clearly you are stating that it was a poor choice of material for TV reception....I merely summarized it for you.
Perhaps I should not have assumed the initial choice was yours (though your siding looks so good that I'd have never guessed it as being as old as you say), however I'd immagine you could have chosen to replace it with a different less reception impeding siding at some point in the time you've owned the place if you saw value in doing so.

Quote:
Any time you refer to someone by name, you are getting personal. You mentioned me by name referencing issues that you had no first hand knowledge about. When you start talking about someone's personal situation, and postulating about things for which you have no first hand knowledge, that qualifies as arrogance.
First off I've done a good bit of traveling with various DTV converters in tow in both the boonies and in high signal strength areas using various antennas (I've even taken a college elective on the subject of antennas), I own and am familiar with the performance of both boxes I mentioned, and am a practicing Electrical Engineer with a degree....I know enough details to make an educated guess of relative signal strength in a region, personally know about relative performance of DTV boxes and antennas, and know field performance of such. I can make a damn good educated guess at what a system can do in a general region...Especially if I grind through the math.
Multi path can occur ANYWHERE (and is assumed to be separate of general average signal strength)...If I had a neighbor that had a roof antenna, and was so inclined, I could put up a small (to the neighbor's knowledge randomly placed) piece of fencing that would jam their TV reception in these conditions through multipath reflection signal cancellation at the antenna. I was using your region as an example of a location close enough to high enough power stations that (ignoring potential multipath) should have enough RF signal strength for a very sensitive DTV box to do well with a bare minimum antenna.
Hell, another member even noted my post about using phone wire as antenna as being a "clever observation" before you inexplicably got but hurt over it...

Quote:
And don't ever call me "dude". I am old enough to be your grandfather with worldly knowledge that you won't acquire for another 50 years (if ever). Be respectful of your elders and in the future please refer to me as "sir" or by my proper name.
Yeesh, I was only trying to lighten the mood.
If you can stop being rude and disrespectful by calling me things like arrogant, then mutual respect will naturally follow. I generally respect people (good natured jokes aside), until treated rudely (such as you did in post 10) at which point I respond honestly and to an extent of rudeness that approximately matches what I've received.
Also FYI when older folks claim their experience should be the very last and only word with validity it can and often is seen as a form of arrogance (by those who are younger). I do respect and value the knowledge and opinions of my elders on things they ought to have experience with above some random younger Joe, but I value no one's knowledge above my own (I'll certainly check if told I'm wrong on a fact), and that which is in print...It is my right as an adult American citizen to think, hold oppinions, and value sources of information in any manner I like (just as you have the same right).
I'll also call question to others' facts, knowledge, authority, and sanity, or just ignore them if and where I see fit to do so (on a case by case basis) as is my right as an American. If you don't like where I stand you are free to make a polite logical rebuttal, or a rude one (as long as you understand your rudeness will be justly reflected back like a TV signal off of aluminum ).
I take crap/rudeness from no man, and put up with it only when it suits my interests.

Quote:
Instead of commenting on, and jumping to conclusions about things you have no knowledge of, perhaps you should have just asked a simple question "Bob, you are very close to the transmitters, what is the reason you have a need for distribution amps?" That way I could answer you in a detailed informational manner, and you wouldn't be calling me a paranoid jerk who made poor choices of building materials.
Bob I was not concerned with your antenna/amp rig. The way I figured it your system was just pleasant overkill for fun/overkill's/over-engineering's sake...Something I applaud when the one doing so has the resources and desire to do so (as I presume you did).
The goal of my initial statement was merely to state what I feel could be done with a given box in a geographic region with comparable signal strength to what easily obtained info indicates yours ought to be.

Bob! Had you not inexplicably blown up and insultingly called me arrogant and ridiculed me (instead of politely, factually informing me of the difference between my perception/estimation and reality, as you SHOULD have done) I would have never called you a "paranoid Jerk"....The paranoid part is because I can not see what in that initial post could possibly get under your skin at all let alone as badly as it seemed to...So I see that as you making a paranoid projection of a false image of me/my demeanor in your mind onto a neutral, polite post I wrote. I said Jerk because what kind of person tells another they are arrogant and disparages them publicly in such a manor as your post calling me arrogant did?...I think you know the answer.

Quote:
Then I guess your name calling and insults toward me qualify this post as provoked by you Tom.
Yes, but it loops back to you since you started the rudeness and provocation, that caused me to respond negatively to you that in turn caused your quoted reply.....You made a gratuitously mean agitating post out of the blue. What kind of reply do you expect from someone who is annoyed at being randomly insulted by you?

Old 01-09-2017, 04:07 PM
Bob Galanter

Quote:
I can not see what in that initial post could possibly get under your skin
You see Tom that's the crux of the problem. It seems you can't see the forest for the trees. Your own blind opinion is all you seem to see. Your communication skills lack the tact you need to express a thought without stepping on the toes of someone else.

Quote:
To presuppose that you know better than someone else who has intimate, first hand knowledge of a situation, is equivalent to saying "hey stupid, you should have done it this way" That IS arrogant and disrespectful. I understand that there is no love lost between you and I. That is just the way it is, and I am just fine with that.

So the next time you make comments where I am involved, I respectfully request that unless you can take the time to sit back and carefully construct your thoughts, with the goal in mind that your post may be interpreted in a negative manner; then you should consider not posting at all.

In fact please, just do yourself a big favor by not commenting on anything where I am involved. Because if I read something you post that involves a post that I made; and I find that post personally offensive or disparaging, I will be sure to call you out on it.

There is an old saying that discretion is the better part of valor. So with that in mind I shall end this dialogue unless you decide to continue deriding me.

Last edited by ohohyodafarted; 01-09-2017 at 04:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 06:21 PM
M is for Memory

Thank you for coming around to discussing this in a civil respectful manner. I sincerely appreciate it.

Quote:
You see Tom that's the crux of the problem. It seems you can't see the forest for the trees. Your own blind opinion is all you seem to see. Your communication skills lack the tact you need to express a thought without stepping on the toes of someone else.
Yes, I'm aware my social skills sometimes lack sufficient tact especially in a non-face-to-face dialog. There have been many times I've seen red and almost just outright tore various people a new one for being rude to me, and the like, and on many occasions I've stepped back from that re-read what got on my nerves and my previous response, and walked things back to reasonable or even diplomatic standards...Some of the better examples are not public. We are all human, Bob...I'm sure you've accidentally stepped on peoples' toes your self from time to time. We can't always be prefect, and when life gets/hard frustrating it becomes all the more challenging not sounding as cranky as like makes one feel...I do try to give people the benefit of the doubt, but if I've argued before with someone and their commentary seems unjustly insulting it becomes substantially harder to respond diplomatically.

Quote:
To presuppose that you know better than someone else who has intimate, first hand knowledge of a situation, is equivalent to saying "hey stupid, you should have done it this way" That IS arrogant and disrespectful. I understand that there is no love lost between you and I. That is just the way it is, and I am just fine with that.
I've never seen or heard it framed that way (or mentally tried to frame it as such)...I guess maybe with tone stripped from context, and a bit of lingering grudge against the author I could see such a comment being a bit disrespectful (but darn is it hard to see it being that bad).
Bob, none of us knows everything. I see people here regularly point dumb minutia out to each other in ways that by your standard could be interpreted as MUCH more arrogant and disrespectful...I think you would be well served to thicken your skin a bit, and try not to always look for the worst possible interpretation...The world will feel like a nicer place if you do, and you'll come across as being more friendly.
Also since I can't know or think of everything, I have no problem with people implying to me (as you think I did to you) "hey stupid, you should have done it this way" when I'm not doing something in the best way possible...It happens and I'm humble enough to know that even if I lived the lifetime of every member here past and present, had all their knowledge and experience, and gave everything I did 100%, that there would STILL eventually be some moment where I'd inadvertantly do something wrong enough to deserve being told directly with zero tact "hey stupid, you should have done it this way"...That is how life works, and I would consider myself truly arrogant if I ever decided that there is zero chance of me ever being badly wrong in the future (and thus above correction/reproach).
I'm not one to mince words or hide my intent behind a double meaning or implication, if I really mean "hey stupid, you should have done it this way" I'll will say "hey stupid, you should have done it this way" with no words minced, and hidden behind nothing.
Bob the only one keeping bad blood between us is you. I'm fine letting bygones be bygones...I'm not one to hold grudges if folks that did give me crap decide to stop doing so and be civil.
That said much of what you slung in that CT-100 thread was justified...I had a rare lapse back then and climbed up on a high horse and started taking shots I had no business or reason to make, and for that I am sorry.
I'm also sorry that you saw what I wrote as meaning "hey stupid, you should have done it this way" that was not even remotely what I was trying to say, and I'm sorry if it had that meaning to you.
We all come from different frames of reference and different personal experience, and different things push our buttons in ways that are not always universally obvious to all.

Quote:
So the next time you make comments where I am involved, I respectfully request that unless you can take the time to sit back and carefully construct your thoughts, with the goal in mind that your post may be interpreted in a negative manner; then you should consider not posting at all.
99% of the time including the post here that set you off I post with that exact mind set (leave no room for negative interpretation)...We are not all of the same mind set, generation, experience upbringing, etc so it is not always guaranteed that we will know every thing to avoid to the end of not bothering anyone. I'm not going to stop posting, since VK is the one of the only things interesting enough to keep me from going crazy from boredom. And the one of the only places where I can have a cogent conversation about tube tech, which is something I absolutely need to regularly do (lest I be found wandering aimlessly, babbling to my self about electronics ).

Quote:
In fact please, just do yourself a big favor by not commenting on anything where I am involved. Because if I read something you post that involves a post that I made; and I find that post personally offensive or disparaging, I will be sure to call you out on it.
I have no intention of disparaging you (nor did I intend to in this thread prior to you calling me arrogant), but if I see you take shots at me or other hobbyists with differing tastes (or breaking rues) I will call you on it (as a moderator it is my job to do so). I will post where I see fit or have interest...If you happen to be in the thread, please be civil, and try not to interpret my posts in the worse possible manner. I have no intention of stepping on your toes so long as you are not conveying the intent of trying to stomp toes.

Quote:
There is an old saying that discretion is the better part of valor. So with that in mind I shall end this dialogue unless you decide to continue deriding me.
Fair enough, I don't see need to continue either. I hope you do not see any derision in the above post....Since none was meant.

Audiokarma