Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

Very cool! Best wishes to the lady, may health and happiness follow.
Old 06-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxcrusadr View Post
Very cool! Best wishes to the lady, may health and happiness follow.
Here, Here !!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Thanks guys! I will let her know about all your best wishes. She is a radio trouper. Besides the Climax she found a GE console of no distinction she keeps in her dining room as a display piece...missing veneer and all.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Don't mess with Esther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioactive View Post
Makes me think of the elevator scene in The Shining.

Edit: Oops, turns out I tried to quote the pic in radioactive's sig.

All the best to the lady.

Last edited by Jon A.; 06-26-2013 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-04-2017, 07:01 PM
VideoKarma Member

Bump. A few years since this thread and am wondering if anyone else ever found one in the wild since then. No sightings at Kutztown. The website by Yuriy seems to be gone so we are on our own. Mine fired up right away tonight after a few years of sleep. Some Deoxit would help the controls.

And the beautiful Cheryl passed but lives long here with me with memories of her Georgia accent. "Hi sweetie". Sandy will understand.
'

Last edited by Dave A; 06-04-2017 at 07:49 PM.
Audiokarma
Old 03-20-2019, 12:07 AM
VideoKarma Member

Yes I have one too!

I noticed your post a few years ago and I lost track. The radio I have looks exactly like yours with the exception of a duller finish, bullet style knobs, missing power cord and no schematic available anywhere. I am prepared to refinish the cabinet and the face dial is remarkably clean and very detailed without any rust or paint flaking. I have tried to get a transformer ID to make a replacement but none available. It has had a partial recap at least the electrolytic with modern axial style caps. Unfortunately the can is missing so I do not know the actual values of what the can might have contained. Most of the paper caps can be read and they look to be original. I can surmise from the missing power cord that there may have been a problem in circuit and the transformer has melted wax streaming down the wires feeding the internals. That may very well have been a sign of an end of life situation..not sure. The links provided years ago are now no longer active so I will have to go on another wild goose chase to find an alternative to restore this radio or see if I can economically adapt the tuning face with an alternative circuit for short wave and am reception. the other band seems to be a set of discontinued public service frequencies or long wave..I am not near the radio to find out. I noticed the four pin tubes are not clearly marked where represented on similarly dated and similar models with the same tube numbers.
PDF copied Ryders seem to be wash out or unclear on part numbers but old nfo will probably be like that for all schematics from that era. I you find or happen to have a schematic or can find a part number,or even a wire pinout of the transformer, that would be most appreciated. I have thought about testing the transformer on a variac and DMM but high voltages and a burned out transformer sorta scares me. I will check in from time to time if you or anyone reading this has more NFO or links to get me on the right track to restore it..BTW Yours looks beautiful and thanks for taking the time to present your story to us:-) regards, Allen
Old 05-04-2019, 06:05 AM
VideoKarma Member

Beautiful looking radio. Glad you got it working ! Does the magic eye tube work ?

Last edited by Rog Beltmann; 05-04-2019 at 06:16 AM.