Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Transistor Portable Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:30 PM
VideoKarma Member

Baird Televisor kit

Listing it here as it is a transistor device to show a 90 year old concept and not to interfere with other real Televisor threads. This is a small 1/3 scale science fair kit to show what a real Baird Televisor could show in 1929. From Britain. This is my second one. The first from 10 years ago failed but luckily it helped with a few parts to correct what you get with the new version. The ETF has an original with the ability to show a picture with a modern converter.

It is all plastic with a circuit board on the back to operate the kit and reproduce an image powered by 4 AA batteries. It does the job for a demonstration at your club. It comes with an onboard "test card" of the day which is great to show that it can handle greys in-between full white and full black. It also has an input for a CD with images from an included CD. The strobe chart you see seems to be for a motor speed controller. It has adjustments for sync (speed = v positioning) and brightness.

It comes with a red LED to show the image in the day but quite dark. I tried an more orange kino style LED but it was not good. I subbed a warm white LED using old parts to show what it can do. The 30 line punched disc as supplied needed work. I used the smallest pin I could find to clear the disc holes and that helped a lot to make the lines even brightness. Just for fun.
Attached Thumbnails
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (44.7 KB, 32 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (41.1 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (13.4 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (25.5 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Dave A; 09-03-2021 at 06:43 PM. Reason: text
Old 09-03-2021, 08:10 PM
See yourself on Color TV!

Cute!