Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique phonographs

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-25-2016, 11:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

might want to check continuity on all transformer windings before you get into it too far, but if you dont smell anything, they are probably OK. If the caps are original you will need to replace all paper and electrolytic caps, normal maintenance for anything this old, if they haven't failed yet, they will. Not much else to go wrong with these. If the filter caps short, that can take out the rectifier tube, if the rectifier is bad, check for that before you put a new one in. If the changer hasn't been serviced recently, check the motor mounts and lubricate the motor bearings with sewing machine or turbine oil. The voice of music website has parts and service information for these.
Old 03-31-2016, 08:47 PM
Banned

I worked on one just like this last year and the one I worked on had a bad 5Y3GT Rectifier tube and an intermittent 12AX7 preamp tube socket that I had to clean the socket pins on because they had cadmium disease and I relubed the motor bearings but that was it because the changer mechanism still worked fine yet. that clear plastic button that lights up on this unit is actually an external activation switch for the changer.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:46 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olorin67 View Post
If the filter caps short, that can take out the rectifier tube, if the rectifier is bad, check for that before you put a new one in.
Did you miss this very important step? Hopfully the new 5Y3 and power transformer were not damaged.

jr