Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 06-04-2003, 08:37 AM
AK Member

Hi Terry,
Yes this is a new set and there were two chassis that came with it. And, yes, the tube is good. Tim asked if I was going to part out my third chassis. I'm not going to. I've already done a lot of restoration to it and God knows it needs a lot more but I am going to finish it "someday". The two I just got are in much better condition so I'm going to use them to get both of my CT100s running. I do have a few spare parts including some controls (not many). I will share them with others if I have them. Sorry, but I don't have the conv or focus pots.
Fred
Old 06-05-2003, 03:51 PM
VideoKarma Member

ct-100 chassis

hi fredh.. I dont need any parts yet at this time..
mine is working just fine,i do remember shorting screen controls,i was able to get rebuilt ones last year..those wirewound screen controls give off a tad bit of heat....
good luck on yours..anything i can do let me know..
terry
Old 06-07-2003, 02:18 PM
AK Member

Smile

Ebay set went for $4216!!
I'm liking my CT-100s more and more.

Last edited by fredh; 06-07-2003 at 02:55 PM.
Old 06-07-2003, 03:16 PM
VideoKarma Member

No kidding Fred.
SPECTRION STRIKES AGAINTake that bidders!
Old 06-07-2003, 04:01 PM
Banned

Exclamation Westinghouse owners take note!

Cool! I guess that makes my H840CK15 Westinghouse worth about $42,000. There are about 100 CT-100's accounted for and about 10 Westinghouses . Production figures for the two models also track nicely. RCA made 5000 CT-100's and Westinghouse made 500 of their's. The Westinghouse, besides the fact that it preceded the CT-100 started out more rare by quantity manufactured and stays more rare.

We now resume our regularly scheduled program. Viewable somewhere near you on a CT-100.

Rob
Audiokarma
Old 06-07-2003, 05:15 PM
VideoKarma Member

Hey Rob,

With that logic I guess my Philco must be worth $21,000,000

Seriously, what would one of the Model 5's bring if one came on the market??

Chuck

Learn from the mistakes of others -
You can't live long enough to make them all yourself.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:24 PM
Banned

Chuck,

If you were to sell it though I'd put an opening bid a little lower than that too accelerate the bidding.

The last Model 5, I knew of being sold just slipped out of my hands because the seller became confused. My telephone offer had been higher than that of the buyer, but the buyer showed up in person wasting no time with a big wad of bills and waved them in the seller's face. This is a good technique that often works! Three 15" RCA receivers described as CT-100's went on ebay about 3 years back from a retired RCA employee in New Jersey area. One turned out to be a Model 5. The 3 sets went for either $500 each or $1000 each in the lot as I recall. It wasn't any more than that. I've got it written down in my files along with the buyer's contact info. I remember speaking with the buyer. I recall learning that the Model 5 was making a raster for the buyer.

Under clear auction conditions with no behind the scene dealings and no economic depression I'd venture that a good condition Model 5 ought to easily command upwards of $10K.

Rob
Old 06-07-2003, 09:35 PM
Banned

Worth?

Chuck,

The concept of 'worth' gets funky when items which are very rare and would seem to have great value based on their significance like your Philco FT color set do not have an audience of buyers that are willing to fork over money for them. IMO your Philco would have to be easily worth $20 grand, but finding a TV collector that is willing to pay that for any vintage TV is hard. That is I think because vintage TV's have not yet become a stabilized trading commodity like Catylin Radios. I think time will clear up this discrepency as TV collecting matures. Some of us TV collectors are certainly sitting on some real treasures though, that is for sure.

Rob
Old 06-08-2003, 08:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

I as well as drh4683 have sold several sets to Spectrion recently,
He is a real nice and polite person, Always fast in the pay department and to the point. Bidding against him can be dangerous to the wallet though, If he wants something bad enough!
All it takes is just a couple of very serious collectors and the price goes through the roof!
This could be good for us strapped for cash collectors that want to purchase a new car or house though!
I am most likely going to sell my early color Motorola later this fall on epay. Heck, It works and has the original 19" tube too! Everyone thought I was crazy when I bought it off the retired motorola engineer for 200.00 in 1988!
I will have my sister list it in NC though as I don't feel like moving it up here.

Last edited by captainmoody; 06-08-2003 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-08-2003, 08:16 AM
AK Member

Hey Captain,
Is the Motorola you are talking about a 19CT1 or the 16CK1?
Fred
Audiokarma
Old 06-08-2003, 10:00 AM
VideoKarma Member

19CT1, He got it from his work years ago, Said they were going to toss it!
Still looks like new. Dont wan't to sell it but may do so this fall.
Old 06-08-2003, 10:13 AM
AK Member

19CT1

That makes 4 that I know of with the 19VP22. John, Steve, and I have that set. John's CRT is very weak. I also have another chassis that is very rusty. Looks like it was left in a leaky barn. The CRT has some air and open filaments. I'm taking it to Magnaview on the 27th. If the leak in at one of the pins perhaps we can save it. If it's leaking at the seal it can't be fixed. Anyway, looks like these sets are getting common as CT100s. Just about everybody has one. :-))
Old 06-08-2003, 11:58 AM
VideoKarma Member

I guess that I'm lucky then! Mine has very little use on it. From what I was told it was for display purposes, Then in the early 60's the engineer saved it and never really used it.
One thing I remember about it is the extra harness with a plug on it that is laying inside the tv, Originally it must have been hooked up to test equipment or something. It never bothered with the function of the tv though so I left it there.
It has been about 10 years since I have looked at its insides, (About 5 since I ran it) so next time I go back home I will check into it and take some pics.
Old 06-08-2003, 09:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by captainmoody

One thing I remember about it is the extra harness with a plug on it that is laying inside the tv, Originally it must have been hooked up to test equipment or something.
Captain,

That set is equipped to accomodate a rotating B&W filter wheel kit! It allowed early color sets to reproduce quality B&W pictures!

Rob