Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-27-2021, 12:11 PM
VideoKarma Member

A Little update, I got my Vibrator yesterday, and I put it into the radio and hooked the battery up to it, turned on the radio and the tubes glowed and the pilot light came on but still no audio and it didn't seem like vibrator was doing anything still.

I've completely recapped this radio (except for the capacitor attached to the volume control that is used for tone compensation), and I tried hooking the vibrator up to my variac and running it with 6V AC and all the way up to 24V AC and the Vibrator is not wanting to respond I was even trying to gently tap the vibrator housing to see if I could get it to start that way, and nothing.

So a couple of questions, how common is it for these Vibrators to be Dead, including NOS ones, and do these vibrators actually make an audible humming noise when they are running properly?

I just seem to keep hitting roadblocks with this radio and I really want to get this radio working because its a really neat radio.