Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-27-2008, 08:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

-- an interview with Victor Belenko, MiG-25 fighter pilot who defected in 1976
"Defense Electronics", Vol 20, No. 6, pg. 102
%%
"I have a friend who just got back from the Soviet Union, and told me the people
there are hungry for information about the West. He was asked about many
things, but I will give you two examples that are very revealing about life in
the Soviet Union. The first question he was asked was if we had exploding
television sets. You see, they have a problem with the picture tubes on color
television sets, and many are exploding. They assumed we must be having
problems with them too. The other question he was asked often was why the
CIA had killed Samantha Smith, the little girl who visited the Soviet Union a
few years ago; their propaganda is very effective.
-- Victor Belenko, MiG-25 fighter pilot who defected in 1976
"Defense Electronics", Vol 20, No. 6, pg. 100
Old 01-27-2008, 08:23 PM
VideoKarma Member

Apparently the GE TV accidentally had a reciever that picked up the Earths electromagnetic field instead of the TV station's. Since the Earth's magnetic field is a jillion times stronger that a TV station, it exploded.

There's also a carburetor that gets 1000 MPG and GM is hiding it. And also there are aliens walking around Area 51. And George Bush planned 911.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newton View Post
Hello, I am new here.
I had my own TV repair shop from 1962 to 1968 and have not worked on TVs since. However I have taken an interest in GE color TVs from the early 1960s because of other reasons not related to the restoration of these sets.
There have been claims that these early GE color sets had tended to explode (implode) magnetic wise. That is, they suddenly became an intense magnetic field that was generated inside the TV set in a split second that caused any near by steel items (including nails in the walls) to be pulled to the GE TV set with great force.
GE didn't become pure evil until the mid 80's (when they ate RCA). Also, I've heard of skyrocketing high voltage (which could cause the CRT neck to crack) but I don't think the physics of the situation could allow the set to suck nails from walls.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:29 PM
Damn does run fast…

GE didn't become pure evil until the mid 80's

Never had an old GE TV huh?

Old 01-27-2008, 09:33 PM
VideoKarma Member

Yes, I've seen this effect in guitar amps too, but only with Electro-Harmonix brand tubes. They seem to have the right electro-harmonic resonance. It was dramatically shown in "Back to the Future" when Marty McFly's guitar amp exploded.

Note the name of one of the posters here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/t....msg67793.html
Audiokarma
Old 01-27-2008, 10:24 PM
Brach

Hello Arkay and kbmuri,

I get the distinct impression you two are giving factual information and I greatly appreciate it. It makes sense to me but I am not as well-educated as I should be so I am often suspicious of "what I think".
I sure wish we could all verify this but I feel like it has been verified by much of what's written here. I am not sensing 3 men pulling our legs.

Thank you very much
Old 01-27-2008, 10:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

This thread is creepy as hell...

I suppose it is possible, but very unlikely.

I know a fair bit about the Philadelphia Experiment though... Not to mention a few other experiments...

I don't own a cell phone, and I never will (and I am young, so its like... very odd to everyone)
Old 01-27-2008, 10:35 PM
Brach

How in the world is this creepy?

Would it be less creepy to shower Heath Ledger with googoos and awws over how beautiful his acting abilities are?

I am not trying to joke or make others think anything.

I am reading words from at least two very well respected and very well educated men who obviously know alot more about science and electronics than I.

I just hope to find out if the nails came out of the wall and if what these men wrote isn't enough to prove it's possibility I do believe a newspaper article could lead to relatives who could verify it.

We will not be visiting the realatives so somebody here is knowlegeable enough to verify it . I bet this gentleman from HongKong is being serious and I bet he knows what he is talking about.

Don't you care if it happened or not? I would guess not

This is creepy? I sure weould like to know what you think is not creepy.

Goodnight and I love you. (now theres some real creepy for you you sexy hunk...ooh la la!)
Old 01-27-2008, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmuri View Post
Yes, I've seen this effect in guitar amps too, but only with Electro-Harmonix brand tubes. They seem to have the right electro-harmonic resonance. It was dramatically shown in "Back to the Future" when Marty McFly's guitar amp exploded.

Note the name of one of the posters here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php/t....msg67793.html
And your link lead me eventually back here:

http://www.overunity.com/index.php/topic,2383.0.html

...where you can download a PDF about this "TPU device".

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?a....0;attach=9211

Interesting reading.........

John
Old 01-27-2008, 11:13 PM
console lover

"S'matter with you Jack, you don't want a colored TV set, the dang things blow up!"
Old 01-27-2008, 11:29 PM
Brach

Hahaha

I doubt it but I failed to take the time to think of a better example of a typical conversation here at AK that most here apparently think is not creepy.

Heath's thread is in another category but if I took the time to find them I would find plenty in the TV section to support my impression that this talk of nails pushed out a wall to a TV is in no way "creepy" at all especially if compared to much of the "typical" humor here there and everywhere.

So, nails being pushed out a wall electromagnetically is not possible?
I hope to find the truth.

I am an honest man who loves humor of all types except when it's mean in any way towards the less fortunate.

Many of you are far above most men with your knowlege and wisdom. To try and make somebody less fortunate to believe untruths is definately mean and definately CREEPY AS HELL.
Old 01-28-2008, 12:18 AM
REAL TVs have TUBES!

The degaussing coil could not suck any metal towards it because it has no core and thus no pull. This one is definitely a myth, however, a 21" CRT imploding could certainly cause problems!

Charles
Old 01-28-2008, 03:32 AM
console lover

You cast yourself as a "stranger" but I wonder if maybe we knew you before by another name...
Old 01-28-2008, 04:21 AM
Brach

Would you like me to be someone that was here before? Sorry to disappoint you but I am not who you obviously think I am. He is a very good friend of mine who was, in my humble opinion, abused by at least one person here who apparently was on some very odd power trip. Apparently the offender is an extremely successful man with beautiful children who, surprisingly to me, seemed to take a genuine pleasure in hurting my friend based on his words. I heard my friend wrote horrible things in return and that was completely wrong of him to do so.

Perhaps it will please that person to know that not only did my friend throw away many worthwhile TV's but also gave me his two RCA's that I mentioned knowing at least several of you would know the sets as if they were your long lost children. He became very depressed over being treated as he was and is currently in a private mental hospital after being persuaded by his family to not take his own life.

He told me that if I came here I would find some of the greatest people on earth. He said he regrets what he did but could not help himself because he believed he was being targeted for a bully's pleasure. He said he will never come back here. I don't believe he will ever come back here because I have known him since the first grade and he is one of the most sincere men I have ever met. He is writing a story about it all and thinks he can sell it. I'm not sure how you sell a book from a mental hospital but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Is he crazy? I guess he is or he probably would not be where he is now.
Old 01-28-2008, 05:35 AM
Spiteful Old Cuss

Wow...This is gettin' deep...