Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Vintage TV & Radio Tech Forum

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:06 PM
VideoKarma Member

1967 Magnavox Imperial Astro Sonic 3 in One Vintage Console

Ron,
I just bought a 1967 Top of Line Agean Classic Imperial Astro Sonic 3 in One Vintage Console that is Solid Pecan Wood Console!! It is a Imperial Astro Sonic with 2 Button Air Phantom that has AM/FM Stereo with 4-Speed Collaro Turntable W320 they all Work to Factory Specs!! But the Trouble is the TV Part
It hasn't Run for years!! So where do I start from? All the Vacuum Tube's light up except for (1) Small Tube in the High Voltage Section is Dead!! Should I get a Vacuum Tube Tester? The Console was well taken care of from a Non Smoking Home the 92 Year Old man don't watch TV!! So where do I start at on the TV?

Ron
Old 03-21-2017, 12:39 PM
VideoKarma Member

1967 Magnavox 3 in One Console

Ron,
I wanted to Explain my Magnavox 3 in One Console!! This was Magnavox's Top of the Line Model for 1967!! The Inside is as clean as they come!! The Picture Tube
Back end also light's up!!
I will pay for these I need (2) of those White Molded White Plastic Clip's that are
Mounted on the Top Courner's of the Front Slidding Door's that go into the Metal
Slidding Track!!
I replaced the Speaker's with the Good One's that were made for Magnavox CTS & Electro Voice Horn's!! I Replaced all the Bulb's that were burned out!! The Stereo & Turntable work Perfectly I also Replaced Capacitors in Speaker Crossover Board!!
I know it cost over $1,300.00 New!!
I live in Minnesota is there anyone that can Repair the TV? I live 50 Miles from Fargo North Dakota!!

Ron
Old 03-21-2017, 12:57 PM
M is for Memory

If you need someone to work on the set and no one else steps up by ~July, and if you are willing to bring it (or at least the complete guts of the TV) to the Milwaukee area I may have the time by then to take on such a project.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 03-21-2017, 01:27 PM
The Resident Brony

Welcome to VK!! You're very enthusiastic!!

GL fixing that tv, it's gonna be a process.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Hi, is the so-called dead tube the high voltage rectifier? If so, you usually won't see it glow as it takes its heater voltage directly from a separate winding on the flyback transformer. If this tube were bad, it would not be the cause your power problem.

If all tubes are lit but nothing happens, it sounds like a power supply problem (B+). If no B+ is getting to the circuit, it will appear dead. Check for any fuses and any open or smoked power resistors and diodes.

Usually a power problem is the easiest to diagnose and repair but not knowing your level of expertise, it might be more in depth than you are willing to get into on your own.

Last edited by cademan; 06-19-2017 at 12:57 AM.
Audiokarma