Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > General Off Topic Forums

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:05 PM
M is for Memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Probably the creators update - they got me on Tuesday, and reset a lot of preferences, much to my surprise. Had to turn off Cortana, make something else the default browser (Edge? YUK.) and tell it where my network drives were, and then wait until it started to index them - so I could defeat the indexing. Yes, 30 years after Windows rescued some of us, we need rescuing from Windows...

DOS 3.3, DOS 5.0, Win 3.1, Win 3.11, Win95, Win98, WinXP, WinVista, Win7, Win10...make them stop, please!!
Spot on. God damn the creator's update....Damn thing filled my C drive (~100MB free space)....Even after deleting the 'old os' files I've only got 6GB free and it keeps complaining low memory and forcing firefox to close....I'm not amused. :grr:

Soon I'm going to have to juggle space on my spare drives make an image of my hard drive then re-image/resize this drive to increase the size of the C partition...I've done it before (when I upgraded this rig to an SSD), but did not think I'd need to again...I'm probably going to tack another 50GB onto my C so this won't happen again too soon. When I went to SSD I intentionally left ~1/3 to 1/2 of my newer bigger drive un-partitioned and empty...Both for this scenario and to follow a rule I heard that SSDs that never are more than half full have longer service life.

This reminds me of a friend who got a 40GB SSD for win, win filled it in a few months, he got a bigger one, it happened again, and he went back to disk....
Windows seriously needs to limit/stop drive filling updates or at least build in a tool to allow us to change the size of our C partitions more conveniently....An update should not amount to sabotage!

It is sad two once favorite software products (Windows and Firefox) that ~3-5 years ago were rock stable for me have degraded to crap through 'upgrades'....

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 07-26-2017, 11:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Don't have it. Don't want it. Can't see using it. Definitely WON"T recommend it! When my WIN7 dies I'll go to Linux as I've already done with four other computers. M$ can take a long walk off a short pier!!! (WIN10 REQUIRES an internet connection!!! UGH!!)
Old 08-23-2017, 09:57 PM
Banned

"What Did You Do At Work Today?"

with a generous retirement ........NOT but before that I couldn't one day in here anyway
Old 08-23-2017, 10:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan1a View Post
Don't have it. Don't want it. Can't see using it. Definitely WON"T recommend it! When my WIN7 dies I'll go to Linux as I've already done with four other computers. M$ can take a long walk off a short pier!!! (WIN10 REQUIRES an internet connection!!! UGH!!)
Win 10 is free ,EZ & legal if you know how even outside of the old free upgrade window now .

you are on the web NOW, PC I presume ????????

Win 10 can run fine without an MS account just no window UWP store privileges or UWP outlook email client ,thats all.

If you don't use use UWP windows runtime apps
beyond the defaults who cares ? ,

Won 7x64 sp1 is past its time and if you are running win7 x32 on ancient PC y you need a new one long time time ago or a mobile or make a NIX box with a PC with many ignorant windows hater NIX heads and a dying platform or play it smart with free Windows 10 activated ,faster ,more secure & legal how you want it & the W10 nagware & privacy [off] or [on] ,not what you think within your misconceptions here