Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Motorola Minion

General Electric TV-HiFi model M781WWD - Philco hybrid

Estate sale left-overs in my area run the range from budget junk to TOTL RCA, Zenith and Magnavox stuff from the 60s and 70s. These show up in the local paper and CL regularly, prices ranging from insane on the high end to unbelievable when free

What ELSE I found when I picked up a massive RCA console, I was not prepared for When I heard that a Music Teacher couple lived there and passed away a decade ago, it made sense. The once-fshionable was dated but you could tell it was THE place to be show up to with a record in hand.

The new owner of the 140 year old house with 10 foot ceilings and huge rooms showed me in to the RCA Victor VJT-76W he put on CL for a mere $25. The console SS HiFi is the most powerful one from 1967 catalog, being the featured unit along with the VJT-77 which also uses a supposed "500" watt stereo amplifier, 15" air-suspension woofers, 2x3" cone tweeters and pair of Jensen horns for each channel. It is 74 inches long. The brochure will be scanned and added to the downloads at vintagehifi.net

The photos below are from GE combination found alone in an upstairs bedroom/den. The MW-23 "compactron version" chassis and likely dead 23" CRT were removed in favor of a most-interesting retrofit. See photos below.

Last edited by DavGoodlin; 11-28-2018 at 10:12 AM. Reason: add photos