Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-07-2018, 06:19 AM
VideoKarma Member

Can barely see them. Anyhows solder them in. Looks H sweep
for sure, dont think its PS. Hang scope on H drive & see if
it is there. Generator is just for a constant pix.

73 Zeno
LFOD !
Old 06-01-2018, 06:06 PM
Duck, you sucker!

Okay, so I am only now getting around to taking out the horizontal board and soldering the transistors into their mounts in hopes of getting rid of the unstable horizontal.

But before I do, I really think I'm onto something in trying to fix the jailbar problem. I've put it back on the scope and see solid ringing in the brightness limiter circuit. I also noticed that under normal blacks or dark screens, the jailbars are most visible. If the image goes to a deep black, think blacker than black, they disappear. I've noticed this on all material when the background goes to a deep black. I'm assuming this might have something to do with the brightness limiter. What do you think? If it is a possibility, can I upload that section of the schematics and get help identifying parts of the circuit to test/replace?

thanks

Denon 5803A, Pioneer DVL-700, Pioneer CT-W603RS, Toshiba HD-A3, D-Link DSM-520, Dish VIP-722, Polk 1.2TL, CSi5, LS/fx, RT-800 and PSW-650