Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 03-04-2017, 09:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Strange weather patterns in Wisconsin!

It's been a strange winter!
One or two days, 50's and 60's, next day 6" of heavy snow, for a February! Record highs for certain days.
In some of the past years, a whole week of sub-zero temps. Some Januarys, the temp never gets above freezing. It takes some getting used to, even for me, as I've lived in WI. all my life.
Heavy snowfalls seldom hinders us, as our population isn't as large as other larger cities.
According to the weather report, it's supposed to get up to the high 50's, low 60's this Monday.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:44 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
Heavy snowfalls seldom hinders us
And we know how to drive in all kinds of snow and ice, not like those southern states where people panic with any hint of snow or ice.

Also, you can always dress warm (in layers) up here to handle the cold. There's not much you can do for heat relief in the summers down south when the temperature and humidity are both near 100 except hide inside with the air conditioning.

I'd rather deal with the cold.

Old 03-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Tinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
It's been a strange winter!
One or two days, 50's and 60's, next day 6" of heavy snow, for a February! Record highs for certain days.
In some of the past years, a whole week of sub-zero temps. Some Januarys, the temp never gets above freezing. It takes some getting used to, even for me, as I've lived in WI. all my life.
Heavy snowfalls seldom hinders us, as our population isn't as large as other larger cities.
According to the weather report, it's supposed to get up to the high 50's, low 60's this Monday.
Thanks for the forecast. I have to go out towards Iowa Monday to pick up a B&W set.