Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Diagnostic & Test Equipment

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:27 PM
VideoKarma Member

Testers/generators

My granfather was a consumer electronic repair man for over 20 years, located on the east coast of Canada. He has a pretty big supply of service manuals, tubes, and alot of testing equipment, and whatever you could think of that might be needed in that environment. He has passed on now and we have no use for these things,which are mostly in great shape. Don't have a complete inventory yet, plus I don't know what half the stuff is or its value. I was wondering if any forum members could give me an honest idea of what these things are worth (pretty much the testing stuff for now). Heres an idea of what I got.

-Heathkit RF signal Generator, (doesnt seem to have any model numbers on it.)
-Hickok Universal Crystal Controlled signal generator Model 288x
- Model 7603 - Oscilloscope - Not sure the brand or maker, calibrated in sep of 01
-Senecore Tv Sweep Circuit analyser Model SS117
- Heathkit Utility Solid State Voltmeter IM-5217
- RCA WR 69A - TV/FM Sweep Generator
-Hickok CRO 5000 (not sure what this is maybe a oscilloscope)
-Marconi VHF signal Generator -FF1064A
-Ballantine Autometronic Model 5500b
-stark -model 1604 (not sure what this is)
-B&K model 468 - CRT tester and rejuvinator (all manuals included)
-CRT Tester and rejuvinator not sure the make or model, might be:EIA 416
-Heathkit IG-28 Color bar and dot generator
-Mercury Model 204 Tube tester

he also has a vast suplpy of paper and eletronice schemtaics and manuals, rmeotes parts ect ect..

I understand that alot comes in to play when evaluating worth but assuming they are in good working condition any idea as to these items worth would be greatly helpful. Pictures can be supplied and also any additional info if needed. Or even an idea of where or how to get this information would be great. Sorry for my lack of knowledge and please help if you can. If this is in the wrong forum category or whatnot i do apologize and please direct me to the correct forum. Can answer in PM, email or right in the thread. Thank You very much for your time.
Old 04-21-2011, 10:54 PM
VideoKarma Member

The problem is that these things are all old. Most of their value lies in their antiquity; they are very old technology and in general would have little value as test equipment.

This isn't true in all cases. In fact, the stuff is probably indeed useful, just so old that you can buy much better stuff today. So in general, the values are, in my opinion, from about zero to $50 each or a bit more in some cases. The 288 is a nice machine, as is the 7603. I think that Marconi is a TF-1064A, to correct the model number, and a nice instrument.