Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Rectangular Screen Tube Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 02-02-2024, 04:52 PM
VideoKarma Member

1962 Zenith black and white console TV restoration videos

I have spent months tinkering with a classic 1962 Zenith black and white console TV. I was able to rescue it out of a house in southwest Florida that had been badly damaged in the most recent hurricane. The owner didn’t want it, she was trying to figure out if she could even get her house re-built with the slimy insurance practices going on there.

Once I had it all restored, I contacted the family and asked if they wanted it back but they passed on it. They were delighted that someone took the time to get it back into shape and was enjoying it. I was told she had a tear in her eye when she saw some video of the set working again after all the decades.

This is a four part series where the first two parts are now uploaded to Youtube. Part three and four will follow each week. Below are the links to part one and part two. They are long and rambling but I enjoy watching videos like this from other people. I learned very much in this process - I was in over my head for a while but I figured it out and learned even more watching the video footage while editing.

Please check them out and if you enjoy them - even if you don’t enjoy them - please “LIKE” and leave a comment!

Dave

https://youtu.be/hJPJznUd24Q
https://youtu.be/hRMajB2QEVI