Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-04-2010, 12:53 PM
VideoKarma Member

Zenith s-17435 flyback

HI; I need the wiring and terminal connections for this replacement fly, if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate their help.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:38 AM
VideoKarma Member

Why is it not possible to wire the replacement in the same as the original came out? Did you get something like a Thordarson universal flyback? They actually made one that could be adapted to work with a number of 50's sets, maybe some 40's.

Do you mean that you need a schematic?
Old 01-05-2010, 09:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

NO: I would like to find the universal replacement for this set???. this is supposed to be the an original replacement, , but has no wiring diagram with it, it has 1 set of 4 terminals one one side and 1 set with two terminals on the other.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:41 PM
VideoKarma Member

You are better off with the original replacement; believe me. As long as your replacement looks identical (as it should) to what you take out, just solder everything back together EXACTLY as it was removed. Sometimes it helps to mark the wires so you don't remove the old unit and then draw a blank when you go hook up the new one. I have drawn pictures, used model car paint for color coding, as well as colored tape. I feel that I must tell you that many times when a tranformer of any kind has fried, there is usually some other component that has gone bad (CAPACITOR) and has caused the tranformer to overheat and burn up. Replacing the result of a problem will not take away the problem. Just trying to help. Oh for anyone else looking a Thordarson FLY-5 is their "multi-purpose" unit for 70 deg tubes.

What keeps you from putting the replacement in?

Last edited by Tubejunke; 01-05-2010 at 11:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:26 PM
VideoKarma Member

WELL ; It is not the exact same fly , the original was a S-17433. this one has different connections
Audiokarma