Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Recorded Video

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Findm-Keepm View Post
Do you get google on your computer? First hit:

Stock #: VCRIW41 5 bux...
I need an idler tire not an idler wheel. The idler wheel assembly is just fine as there's no rubber on it to go bad. The part I'm worried about is the idler tire that works with the take-up reel, that part (which was highlighed in one of the pictures I had previously posted on here) is dried out to the point that its not allowing the take-up reel to move.
So which idler tire would I need to get? I have already identified one or two parts that may or may not be the part that I need but I need someone else's insight to let me know for sure if this idler tire part would indeed work for what I need.
I had identified VCRIT41 over at SMC Electronics as being a possibility but I would like to know for sure if that's actually the part I need to rebuild the ider for the take-up reel.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Levi
Old 11-16-2015, 03:18 PM
Banned

An Update on this VCR: I finally got it going!

There was actually nothing wrong with the idler tire or anything, it turns out it was the back belt (the third belt that wasn't mentioned in the cross-reference material for this VCR) that was bad, it was part of the tape loading mechanism and it was dragging causing the mechanism to not fully engage for playback, so I removed the belt subbed in a rubber band for the belt and sure enough the VCR started working, so now to order a proper belt for the VCR and I should be up and running again with this VCR!

Thanks for all the help everyone gave me with this VCR!
Old 11-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Banned

OK So I got the playback mechanism working like its supposed to, but for some reason I'm not getting any video output of any sort out of this VCR, I have it hooked up to my Flat Panel TV and all I get is a Blue Screen out of the TV with the VCR playing and I don't even get any white noise/snow from the tuner section, and I'm not sure what's going on with it. I was thinking at first that maybe the RF Modulator inside the VCR might of been bad so I tried hooking it up through the A/V output jacks and even that wasn't giving any video output so I'm wondering what's going on or what I should look at next.

EDIT: I hooked the VCR to my old Sony Trinitron TV in my basement and the VCR seems to be functioning like it should except I don't get any video feed from the tape when I hit play all I get is a blank black screen which its almost like the A/V mute function which kicks in when the tape is initially being loaded doesn't kick itself off (because I know that when most VCRs go to play tape initially the screen is blank at first for a split second before the video from the tape kicks in) but its almost as if that initial video and audio blanking doesn't stop like its supposed to.

Any ideas as to what might of happened with the VCR, and where I should look next?

Last edited by Captainclock; 11-16-2015 at 10:24 PM.