Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Antique Radio

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:53 AM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsuttle View Post
Well, I'm happy to note that I didn't have to replace the socket, it turned out to be a cold solder joint from the B+ line. After checking the socket for loose connections, I double checked the oscillator loop, and then the surrounding connections around the RF and mixer sections.

All of the B+ feeds a central point on one half of the radio and a single wire that feeds the RF and Oscillator. Because of the 6 wires feeding one post, one of the wires had an intermittent connection.

Thanks for all of the help thus far, does anyone have the alignment instructions for this set? I don't see it on the riders schematic

Thanks,
Zach
It's probably on a different page in the Zenith section of Rigers Vol 13.
Try looking up the 12S model. It should be very similar.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:02 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
It's probably on a different page in the Zenith section of Rigers Vol 13.
Try looking up the 12S model. It should be very similar.
The alignment procedure is located on page 13-29 in Riders. I can't seem to locate it on N/A. N/A doesn't list the newer chassis numbers. Zenith changed their chassis numbering scheme right around then.
That page is listing the alignment for 7B01, 8B01 and 10B01,2. The 10B01 procedure is rather involved because of all the bands.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:43 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseljeep View Post
The alignment procedure is located on page 13-29 in Riders. I can't seem to locate it on N/A. N/A doesn't list the newer chassis numbers. Zenith changed their chassis numbering scheme right around then.
That page is listing the alignment for 7B01, 8B01 and 10B01,2. The 10B01 procedure is rather involved because of all the bands.
Thanks,
Just finished aligning it, a tedious hour, but it needed to be done and sounds a lot better.

Quick question,
What year did Zenith switch over to rubber coated wire? Cause man, I dunno if I can do another one of these.
Old 01-31-2019, 01:22 PM
M is for Memory

It wasn't a hard switch but more I a transition.... I have had a few consoles with the same chassis where 1 had maybe 5 to 10 percent rubber wiring and others where that ratio was reversed.....Z Zenith consoles with roomy underchassis ain't bad, but table sets and other brands where they packed every square inch and layered things randomly it is almost easier to harvest the coils and set specific parts and build a new chassis from scratch.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4