Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Flat Panels & Digital Format

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Banned

2007 Phillips DLP HDTV issues

Hello everyone today I found in the salvage bin at work (Goodwill) a 2007 vintage Phillips DLP HDTV (one of the last of the rear projection TVs before the LCD Plat Panels took over) and anyways it seems to have an issue with not wanting to power on, the power/standby light is flashing a blue color and when you first plug it in it acts like its doing the initial power-on initialization steps but then after about a minute the fans and the unit shuts down. Its acting as if it might be a power supply issue but from what I could see the power supply looks like it might be in decent shape yet (no bulging capacitors or anything from what I can see) and the fuse in the power supply is one of those ceramic fuses so you can't really tell if its blown or not, and I even checked the bulb for the TV's projector setup and the bulb was still good so any ideas as to where I should look or how I might go about getting this TV up and running again? I think once I get the power-up issue fixed this will be a nice TV for gaming and even watching movies on.

Any help or advice would be appreciated as this is the first time I've worked on a DLP HDTV, I've worked on DLP LCD Projectors before but not DLP HDTVs.
Below are some pictures posted of the unit in question.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2760.jpg (29.6 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2761.jpg (45.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2762.jpg (41.5 KB, 12 views)