Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Solid State CRT Televisions

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-13-2016, 10:45 AM
Banned

Sony TV-950 Saved from Goodwill Recycling

Hello everyone, today (well actually yesterday) I had spotted in one of the donation lowboys at the Goodwill I work at a late 1960s Sony TV-950 B & W portable TV that was still in extremely good shape, including the original rod antenna and I thought about asking them yesterday if I could buy it off them (since they don't take TVs anymore) and I never did it so I came back to work today and I went to see if the lowboy that the TV was in was still there and sure enough it wasn't so I went to look in some of the recycling lowboys and sure enough it was there but the cord was cut off of it so I asked my boss that was working today if I could buy it off of the recycling even though the cord was cut off and she said it was fine and I got it for a $1.99.
So I have to wire on a new cord to see if it still works or not, and hopefully rewiring the cord isn't too convoluted on this TV or else its just going to have to be a display piece.

Its really dirty and the reason why I said it was probably from the late 1960s is because it has the Continuous UHF instead of the Click-Stop UHF.

I have some pictures of the aforementioned unit for you guys to look at.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN2728.jpg (92.2 KB, 84 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2729.jpg (113.8 KB, 47 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2730.jpg (122.1 KB, 52 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2731.jpg (92.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN2732.jpg (104.4 KB, 32 views)