Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 08-20-2019, 10:25 PM
M is for Memory

Physical location of lytics usually is not critical. On cans that connect to chassis (and some that don't but run the can negative wire to convenient points) I often place the individual replacements at the point the wire to the can positive originates from even if that spot is on the far end of the chassis.

One thing to make sure of though if the can negative was insulated from the chassis and fed from one or more wires that are not directly connected to the chassis to keep that floating negative separate from the chassis...In my first year or two of restoring radios I messed up a Zenith Transoceanic replacing a floating negative lytic with individual parts that I tied the negatives of to chassis instead of the floating negative...Later I figured that mistake out and fixed it.

Zenith: The quality stays in EVEN after the name falls off!
What I want. --> http://www.videokarma.org/showpost.p...62&postcount=4
Old 08-20-2019, 10:59 PM
VideoKarma Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electronic M View Post
Physical location of lytics usually is not critical. On cans that connect to chassis (and some that don't but run the can negative wire to convenient points) I often place the individual replacements at the point the wire to the can positive originates from even if that spot is on the far end of the chassis.

One thing to make sure of though if the can negative was insulated from the chassis and fed from one or more wires that are not directly connected to the chassis to keep that floating negative separate from the chassis...In my first year or two of restoring radios I messed up a Zenith Transoceanic replacing a floating negative lytic with individual parts that I tied the negatives of to chassis instead of the floating negative...Later I figured that mistake out and fixed it.
Its a capacitor can with a cardboard tube jacketand the capacitor didn't seem to have a ground that I could see on the jacket anywhere, it gave the different shapes for each section along with the values for each section but it didn't list anything about what the negative connection was for the can.
Could it of been that they used a non-polar capacitor can for the power supply filter caps??