Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early B&W and Projection TV

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 01-22-2005, 03:08 PM
VideoKarma Member

Movie scene shot amongst Marlin's TV collection!

January 15th of 2005 saw an unusual event at Studio 4-17. Several scenes for a movie called Deadwood Park were shot in our old church building. The story called for a search for a person that winds up in the cellar of a disused church. The cellar scenes were shot elsewhere but what were shot here was a couple creeping about in the dark and cold building with Coleman lanterns, looking for signs of this person. They come to the “cellar” door, which actually leads to my Winter heated shop, hear strange noises behind the door , and then creep through it. Also a peace officer comes into the building waving a big black flashlight (mine!), and when he hears a noise calls out and starts running towards the cellar door. The other scene shot was of a 12 year old girl dressed kinda eerily, and dripping with blood. I have not heard what THAT was about!

Anyway, my flashlight was not the only “star” of the scenes. A number of my vintage television collection show in the shots. The premise is that the building had been used as a TV repair shop and storage, and when the man died the place was just left locked for years. The prop people and I worked for over an hour getting the TV’s pulled out, arranged and made dusty (yeah, like they aren’t ALWAYS dusty!), and more modern items like my inventory computer, modern oscilloscope and such were moved out of shot.

This was fascinating, albeit cold, to watch. About a dozen folks were here from about 3 PM till nearly 2 AM, and except for three or four active people, we all just sat out of shot and tried to keep warm.

Check out Wicked Pixel Cinema’s website for more info: http://www.wickedpixel.com/

Here is a photo showing the girl in lower center. Not many TV's visable from my position in the balcony.

Marlin

www.studio4-17.com
Old 01-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Administrator

Hi Marlin, that's really cool!
Looks like a movie I would watch too
Old 01-23-2005, 07:19 PM
VideoKarma Member

Here is another shot showing the girl, the camera man shooting and a Predicta in her background.

www.studio4-17.com
Old 01-23-2005, 07:36 PM
Spiteful Old Cuss

I take it that this is a horror flick, correct ? -Sandy G.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:10 AM
VideoKarma Member

Looks like something normal in certain parts of Dallas.

For several yrs., I rented sets for certain movies like JFK, Born on the 4th of July, etc. In fact, the RCA CTC 16 chassis I just got I believe was similar to the set in JFK. In the movie, it was in Oswald's room...on the run, he stopped off at is rooming house and the TV showed a CBS news bulletin as he left.

Other sets, circa 70's, were rented for Natural Born Killers, a murder spoof. The sets were shot up & returned to me w/fake blood all over them. Luckily, the sets weren't worth much to start with and I got deposits up front = more than their actual values.
Audiokarma