Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Early Color Television

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:18 PM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Now that the CRT is know to be good are you going to pony up some more cash, or was it an all sales final kind of deal
Dwight and I have been in contact, and he's happy the tube is operational. The trade was pretty damn fair considering the missing parts on the Westy. If he wants to reveal the details, that's his prerogative. The deal is done.
Old 10-13-2017, 01:03 AM
Workin' Late Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by benman94 View Post
Dwight and I have been in contact, and he's happy the tube is operational. The trade was pretty damn fair considering the missing parts on the Westy. If he wants to reveal the details, that's his prerogative. The deal is done.
Of course I wasn't really too concerned, just being a smarty pants tonight.
Old 10-13-2017, 09:26 AM
Resident Lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Kuehn View Post
Of course I wasn't really too concerned, just being a smarty pants tonight.
No problemo; I have a difficult time recognizing sarcasm/jokes.

On another note, I feel incredibly stupid about the swirling pattern on tube. It is not a phosphor defect; it is a defect in the front glass of the tube. At my parents home, there are two ceiling sockets in the main room of the basement, each with a pair of 300 watt lightbulbs. The table that the chassis is on is sitting maybe a foot "behind" the ceiling fixture. The light from the lamp was coming in at such an angle so as to strike an aberration in the glass near top right of the screen and then reflect that onto the bottom left of the screen. When I held the log paper up to it earlier, I wasn't seeing the distortion of the pattern itself but rather the shadow and mistaking it for the distortion (my eyesight isn't so great).

TL;DR The phosphor is fine, the front of the tube has some bubbling that created the weird pattern. In a normally lit room there should be no problem.