Videokarma.org

Go Back   Videokarma.org TV - Video - Vintage Television & Radio Forums > Television Broadcast Gear

We appreciate your help

in keeping this site going.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-15-2019, 11:42 AM
VideoKarma Member

Antenna issues with Agile Modulator Help please

I currently have a BT 40-550 set to CH10 and I made a dipole antenna cut to 14.4 inches each side. (I know the 40-550 is weak, I have ordered a 60-550 but it has not arrived) I think that even the 40 should work better then it does. I have tried rabbit ears, an outdoor antenna (Just standing next to my bench) and the dipole attached to the basement ceiling. In the same room it works well, it is watchable one room over. If I go up to the main floor, it is all but washed out. What I want to know is how the dipole should be mounted? Horizontal or Vertical? I would think Horizontal but I am not getting good results. Where in the house is best? I followed the instruction in the posted video on how to make the dipole, I think I did it correctly. I am not over modulating (The lights are off) In my area according to TV fool, CH7 is still in use, CH9 is in use but takes an outdoor antenna to get it. 11,12, and 5 are red and required an amplified outdoor antenna pointed at the correct direction. So aside from CH7 and to be safe CH9, the rest are ok to use. I picked 10 because it seems to work the best for me. Look for help to make this work better because I still want to be able to use the BT40 even when I get the BT60, basically making sure I have this thing setup as good as possible. Thank you